Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Need Anything Nickel/Gold Plated?

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by glockguy, May 17, 2009.

1. glockguy

glockguy Albany Oregon Well-Known Member

Soo A Buddy Of mine does Nickel and Gold Plating... And He Nickel Plated my Handgun Barrel for me today soo I thought Id just show ya'll.. It turned out quite well... Let me know if any of you are interested in having this done... He does little projects or ones as big as rims or emblems on your car..

2. nwo

nwo Southern Oregon Well-Known Member

Is it just the outside of the barrel that was plated? I wonder how tough the plating is?
    Looks very nice though!

3. glockguy

glockguy Albany Oregon Well-Known Member

Yes Just the outside... If I were to do the inside Id assume it would mess up the accuracy If not the Whole barrel. Hes Got the Rims On his Yukon Plated and There are no Scratch's on it from rocks or anything.. Soo Id Assume Pretty Durable

4. nwo

nwo Southern Oregon Well-Known Member

Really cool. Thanks for the reply. :)

5. spider

spider Hillsboro Well-Known Member

I would want my barrel on my xd plated, can you hook me up with his number

6. elsullo

elsullo Portland Oregon New Member

Has anyone heard of gold-plating of gun bores? It must have been tried sometimes throughout history, tested and rejected. It just seems to me that it might add to bore "lubricity" since the gold is so malleable. The bullets would quickly shoot out most of the gold, but some of it would be driven into the pores of the bore to improve slickness. Any info here?....................elsullo :huh: