JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Local junk yards punch holes in pans. Diff, trans, engine. And yes gas tanks. Makes it really hard to get replacements
Is that some PNW thing , because I've bought plenty of oil pans for engine swaps from so cal junkyards when I lived there, and they had storage rooms stacked with used transmissions for sale.

Is that some PNW thing , because I've bought plenty of oil pans for engine swaps from so cal junkyards when I lived there, and they had storage rooms stacked with used transmissions for sale.
Thats how LKQ pick-n-pull rolls. Really frustrating

My experience with junk yards in souther California was, the sucked the fluids

If your going to weld or jb weld drill both ends of the crack to keep it from continuing. Also heat it with a propane torch it will burn out any oil residue. It is most likely cast which is extremely hard to weld. Any one who will weld aluminum rims should be able to do it no problem and I know there are a few places around Portland.

I would go the JB route myself.

Remove pan.
Use torch to CAREFULLY burn off fluid.
Drill both ends of crack.
Use Dremel like device to rough up surface.
Make a patch bigger than crack for BOTH sides.
Rough up said patch.
Sandwich that SOB.

If you are still looking I know a guy in Canby he is a long-time professional welder who specializes in aluminum so he charges $75 an hour, I have some small work for him to do about 30min worth but he still charges a min of 1 hour maybe combine our parts and split the cost unless you think the repair will take more than half an hour. I do my own prep work cleaning and roughing the surface for a weld. I can possibly meet somewhere and mule the pan.

oops, just noticed how old this thread is probably fixed by now.

Last Edited:
If you are still looking I know a guy in Canby he is a long-time professional welder who specializes in aluminum so he charges $75 an hour, I have some small work for him to do about 30min worth but he still charges a min of 1 hour maybe combine our parts and split the cost unless you think the repair will take more than half an hour. I do my own prep work cleaning and roughing the surface for a weld. I can possibly meet somewhere and mule the pan.

oops, just noticed how old this thread is probably fixed by now.
Yea I ended up finding a used pan. Thx for the heads up though.

I have been welding alum. for almost 49 years, I have welded up many of these pans, yes it must be removed and cleaned. I wish I could help you but I live near Bremerton, WA It must be welded with a TIG machine.

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.