JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
i am NOT at all an AK expert but am currently trying to fix a friends Inter Ordinance AK(i know theyre junk). its having an issue where the bolt carrier reaches the back of the receiver and stops...this is a known problem with IO Aks. their bolt carriers are cast and its said that the recoil assembly has an angle to it that allows the bolt to jump out of the reciever rails. if you lightly push on it it will return to battery. IO's remedy was to put a rubber buffer at the end of the recoil spring which, well, does nothing. doing youtube and online research it seems as if the general consensus is to A: sell it or B: put bulgarian recoil assembly, a wolff spring and bulgarian bolt carrier in it and use the original bolt. many people have done this and the rifle is 100%. guys have tested WASR parts and they still malfunction. every thing ive read points to arsenal bulgarian AK47 parts.

my question is why cant i find these parts online? import restriction? seems like theyre all out of stock or nothing comes up. i can find bulgarian ak74 parts no problem but obviously those work with 5.45 and not 7.62x39. also, not knowing what is unique about bulgarian stuff, are there any other "bulgarian-like" parts that are the same spec(if there is a spec)? will a bulgarian AKM parts work?

trust me when i say im pretty naive when it comes to AKs. im an AR guy.

thanks!

i am NOT at all an AK expert but am currently trying to fix a friends Inter Ordinance AK(i know theyre junk). its having an issue where the bolt carrier reaches the back of the receiver and stops...this is a known problem with IO Aks. their bolt carriers are cast and its said that the recoil assembly has an angle to it that allows the bolt to jump out of the reciever rails. if you lightly push on it it will return to battery. IO's remedy was to put a rubber buffer at the end of the recoil spring which, well, does nothing. doing youtube and online research it seems as if the general consensus is to A: sell it or B: put bulgarian recoil assembly, a wolff spring and bulgarian bolt carrier in it and use the original bolt. many people have done this and the rifle is 100%. guys have tested WASR parts and they still malfunction. every thing ive read points to arsenal bulgarian AK47 parts.

my question is why cant i find these parts online? import restriction? seems like theyre all out of stock or nothing comes up. i can find bulgarian ak74 parts no problem but obviously those work with 5.45 and not 7.62x39. also, not knowing what is unique about bulgarian stuff, are there any other "bulgarian-like" parts that are the same spec(if there is a spec)? will a bulgarian AKM parts work?

thanks!

get stronger spring and thicker buffer might straighten it out ,I think they do that do to the top rails of the receiver. I seen parts on gun broker .

thanks!

I just seen Hungarian complete recoil assembly on gun broker for like 20 bucks .

thanks!

If you get a buffer get we urethane one the rubber gives more and gets trashed easy

Or a Norinco, or a good, riveted home built. Probably should know a lot about AKs for the later though
In his friend's case, factory combloc AKs. Homebuilds would require knowing what everything should be like, and never buying without a look in person unless it was buit by a reputable builder.

In his friend's case, factory combloc AKs. Homebuilds would require knowing what everything should be like, and never buying without a look in person unless it was buit by a reputable builder.
You do know the SAR and WASR were considered bottom of the barrel AKs a decade or so back. I used to sell a ton for a dealer at the gunshows and always had the customer double check everything to make sure the RSB and FSB weren't canted. Granted there were some pretty good alternatives back then, but I chose to build my own rather than have someone else husband do it. But like I said, the OP/friend should be familiar with AKs if buying a home built....and fact is Norincos are light years ahead of Romys. My favorite though is my Maadi MISR

You do know the SAR and WASR were considered bottom of the barrel AKs a decade or so back. I used to sell a ton for a dealer at the gunshows and always had the customer double check everything to make sure the RSB and FSB weren't canted. Granted there were some pretty good alternatives back then, but I chose to build my own rather than have someone else husband do it. But like I said, the OP/friend should be familiar with AKs if buying a home built....and fact is Norincos are light years ahead of Romys. My favorite though is my Maadi MISR
Yes and two things happened since. Cugir stepped up their game and cai got a little better at cutting magwells. But tbh even Arsenals have canted sights. My 106 has a canted front sight.

thanks!

Did you get it fixed ?

i realize a buffer will bandaid the issue. but AKs(if you wanna call this gun that, lol) arent designed to have one. i'll report back if and when i get around to fixing it.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top