JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This is not a new topic but I'm tired of hauling my scuba tank to get it topped off for the Marauder. (always needs inspection...right?)
I also don't want to pump. So who knows the best deal on a 4500 psi carbon tank and where can they fill them in Portland. Are the paintball folks set up for this? I'd rather pay a NW Firearms fellow member with a compressor for a fill than the alternative.
Thanks

I know this doesn't answer your question but fwiw I used to hate the benjamin pump. Bought a $67 off brand pump and it is really easy to pump p-rod and disco. Not many pumps at all to fill and not hard to pump. Bought from Walmart.

This is not a new topic but I'm tired of hauling my scuba tank to get it topped off for the Marauder. (always needs inspection...right?)
I also don't want to pump. So who knows the best deal on a 4500 psi carbon tank and where can they fill them in Portland. Are the paintball folks set up for this? I'd rather pay a NW Firearms fellow member with a compressor for a fill than the alternative.
Thanks
I have high pressure compressors also have bought and sold many. Sold a large one to a paint ball operation last year.......there are many options. We had large cascade systems on several of my workboats. We liked them because in case of a compressor failure, we had many hours of ready reserve. 95% of our work was done with surface supplied air so we would reduce the pressure to 125 PSI or so to run through the umbicale. One thing that might work for a sport diver is to get a large tank that you could leave in your pickup bed or a trailer to refill your back pack tank with. You might get a dozen refills from a good size bottle. You could also easily run mixed gas on a set up like that. We many times bought mixed gas in a rented bottle from people like the medical or welding gas suppliers. The paintball guys don't pay a lot of attention to filtration. I don't know if I want to be breathing air from there compressors. Better go to a fire station and get MSA air.

Last Edited:
Problem solved? I started this thread and finally found a solution to fill an PCP Marauder. Rather than drive to the dive shop, have to come back cause the tank needed another inspection, and they could never top the tank to 3,000psi. Seems I was always running the gun at 2,000 to 2,500psi. It still shoots well and kills vermon well at that pressure but its a 3,000psi gun...why not not run it near full throttle.
So I bought a chinese hand pump for less than $40. Was skeptical but for $40? Once I got the hang of it, it took my gun tank from 2000 to 3000 with about 50 pumps. A short workout but not as bad as I expected.
So I'll just keep topping it off. Maybe sell the d$*mn scuba tank. Hope this helps someone else.

flashpan
Oregon paintball in hillsboro can fill for you. He was providing nitrogen but to expensive for him he has a nomad for now and he has purchased a commercial system dont know when he will have it. I have an Omega super coming in 2 weeks I can help you after that, I am in Aloha,

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top