Need Air

Discussion in 'Air Rifle & Pistol Discussion' started by flashpan, Jun 6, 2018.

Tags:
  1. flashpan

flashpan
    Beaverton

This is not a new topic but I'm tired of hauling my scuba tank to get it topped off for the Marauder. (always needs inspection...right?)
    I also don't want to pump. So who knows the best deal on a 4500 psi carbon tank and where can they fill them in Portland. Are the paintball folks set up for this? I'd rather pay a NW Firearms fellow member with a compressor for a fill than the alternative.
    Thanks

2. ilikegunspdx

ilikegunspdx
    Portland
    Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I know this doesn’t answer your question but fwiw I used to hate the benjamin pump. Bought a $67 off brand pump and it is really easy to pump p-rod and disco. Not many pumps at all to fill and not hard to pump. Bought from Walmart.

3. Argonaut

Argonaut
    Weiser

I have high pressure compressors also have bought and sold many. Sold a large one to a paint ball operation last year.......there are many options. We had large cascade systems on several of my workboats. We liked them because in case of a compressor failure, we had many hours of ready reserve. 95% of our work was done with surface supplied air so we would reduce the pressure to 125 PSI or so to run through the umbicale. One thing that might work for a sport diver is to get a large tank that you could leave in your pickup bed or a trailer to refill your back pack tank with. You might get a dozen refills from a good size bottle. You could also easily run mixed gas on a set up like that. We many times bought mixed gas in a rented bottle from people like the medical or welding gas suppliers. The paintball guys don’t pay a lot of attention to filtration. I don’t know if I want to be breathing air from there compressors. Better go to a fire station and get MSA air.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2018
  4. ditchtiger

ditchtiger
    In the sticks, Willamette Valley

Just never, never, never use oxygen from a cutting torch. Spontaneous combustion will end the life of your air rifle. You may needing help also.

Argonaut likes this.