JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yep, lol it was just an idea, don't shoot the messenger ! I was trying to think of something
and as I said it was not one I liked to say, but it was one. I agree it would kill me to know they ended up with one of these and great point they could use to say hey look at this all good feedback on my thought. ( lol see now I regret like I originally said posting it didnt want to deviate the cause at hand it was just and idea ):(
I had the same idea when I first saw the original post, then I was like shoot he could still make money on it once demilled, that and the antis would have a field day if given one.

I think it is pretty clear that svg4 has all the information needed to make an informed decision. If it IS a full auto (very unlikely, as it is almost new) then he can advise the nice gentleman accordingly. If it is NOT (my guess as well), then he can run on down to Gun Broker (or any LGS) and sell it willy nilly.

His absence in this thread, or lack of participation is actually IMO smart. If I were him, I would print it out (the entire thread) and delete it. If it were me, I wouldn't have even started it.

Some people have jobs and lives or don't check the internet everyday. Or he took offense to be called a Gov't shill and a liar. Kinda funny the guy who purposes it has been for less time then the OP

*Edited* Thought you meant me, I was going to say, Im only behind the OP by 9 days and never called him out. Im just curious where he went. But in Gargs comment, thats the route he probably took.. Best to just lay low and figure things out after gathering some helpful (and some not) info here.

As for my question about the OP, Im just making an observation. Sure, work does come up.. Some guys have lives outside of the forum.. Perhaps my tinfoil hat is on too tight this afternoon.
:s0018:

Last Edited:
OLDNEWBIE called it first and the OP pre-dates him almost a year. There is some much tin foil on this site I am surprised Joe isnt getting kickbacks from Reynolds Wrap. People can't even ask a simple question without being accused.

I think it goes with the nature of topics we are in, ummm if I recall one member blocked me after I joined because I worded something wrong I think it was something like I said my second amendment rights and not our 2nd amendment rights, or something like that and I was an instant Liberal Anti.:eek: I have only been here a few months but totally enjoy stuff and at the same time my own tinfoil hat gets adjusted time to time. I had a issue using the site software and Joe was instantly a help. I for one am glad there is a nice friendly resource like this I just try not to take things too serious or go over the top and just enjoy the site.

I think OLDNEWBIE's post was more or less made just to illustrate that if he was some sort of anti plant, that he would be disappointed with our over all responses.

I certainly do not speak for him, but that is how I read it, and chuckled a little frankly.

Just having the third pin hole is problem enough, unless you weld them up, the ATF would call it constructive intent.
The upper right guide rail is also an issue, as it is altered (slotted) to allow the disconector to fit between the rail and the receiver.

I think OLDNEWBIE's post was more or less made just to illustrate that if he was some sort of anti plant, that he would be disappointed with our over all responses.

I certainly do not speak for him, but that is how I read it, and chuckled a little frankly.

That's about it Garg, and like you said if I was him I'd delete the whole thread or not even have started it.
That's what I was trying to hint at.

You don't need a tinfoil hat to expect a few anti gun progs are lurking about gun forums like this hoping for a juicy thread about unregistered FA AKs.

No matter how sound the advise given the anti gun propaganda machine is bound to twist this anomaly into an everyday internet occurrence.

HEADLINE:
Machine Guns On Gun Trading Website in Oregon! :eek::eek::eek:

BTW, again svg4 is probably a fine bloke but longevity on this site wouldn't be a good indication of legitimacy at all IMO.

Successful trades (I Have zero!) and types of postings would be a better indicator although not infallible.

Why hasn't the OP replied to anything on this thread?? Let me put my tinfoil hat back on and think...........

Perhaps he's being detained by the ATF.o_O Best of luck to the OP and I hope he is well!

If it is 47 years old or he's had it 47 years there are a few questions that need to be answered. For one thing that would make it built in or before 1967 . Yes, there was Vietnam going on at that time and it was common for GI's to smuggle them back in whatever they could but it really was an uncommon weapon at that time even in Vietnam. It could have been done. In any case if it is a Vietnam bring back there is NOTHING that could be done short of an amnesty to make it a legal gun. Cut the receiver. The parts can be sold for a few hundred bucks. It could be sold black market but I won't comment on that.

If you're a Freeman living in a free country, keep it and enjoy.
If you're not living in a free country and a Freeman, keep it and keep quiet.
Turn it in to your masters, or destroy the rifle as you're slave, not a Freeman!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top