JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm traveling to Clark County, Nevada soon; I would like to bring my firearm for the vehicle and hotel room (I will only be flying into Vegas from SEA). Nevada obviously hates its neighbors, looking at their reciprocity. Clark County has some crazy grandfathered dangerous weapon laws circumventing the state pre-emption laws.

I was hoping to just get away with conceal carry in the rental vehicle, but not concealed on my person in the vehicle.

Am I out of luck here? Any advice would be extremely helpful from fellow PacNWers.

Appreciated.

Great link to start with, thank you, but still a lot of gaps of information which needed to be filled.

I made a few phone calls (6/18/2010) to different agencies and this is the gist: Even though it's Clark County, driving to Laughlin would be going through several jurisdictions which have their own rules.

Laughlin Sheriff's Department (really nice BTW) permits a loaded firearm in the glove box, including in the chamber. But warned me North Las Vegas requires it in a locked trunk. She gave me the NHP phone number to figure out if I'd be ok in all jurisdictions I'd be going through.

When I called the Highway Patrol he recommended it just saying in the trunk since I'd be going through several jurisdictions, which are all different and I've had to swap it back and forth without knowing where the boundaries really are.

I will not be taking a firearm to Nevada.

Thank you Nevadafornia. You fail.

:love:MT/ID/WA:love:

"Open Carry
In Nevada, you may carry a loaded or unloaded firearm on your person without a permit so long as the firearm is fully exposed (known as "open carry"). An example of open carry is when a handgun is carried in an "outside the pants" hip holster. Full or partial concealment (such as a purse, jacket, etc.) is considered "concealed carry" and is discussed below."

Untitled Document

pinkhamer, that is true for all of NV except Clark County. Yes, Nevada has a pre-emption law similar to what was used to knock Seattle's former Mayor off his anti-gun throne of idiocy (among other topics) and the Moscow, ID mayor from her anti-gun agenda she went for after that nut shot-up the courthouse. But in NV, Clark County's anti-gun law pre-date the pre-emption laws and were gandfathered in. The weird part is how different jurisdictions enforce it in their own way. Brilliant.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top