JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I need some advise regarding the new regulations when submitting Form 4's.
I haven't followed all the new "Persons of Responsibly' requirements since Obama was in office and changed the rules.
I'm involved in a couple of tax stamped sub machine guns along with a suppressor that was bequeathed to me as a Trustee of a gun trust, along with another out of state Trustee so named in the gun trust.
I'm the legal executor of the gun trust and also the will of the late person who passed away.
I since sold one of the machine guns to fund the buy out of the other party and recently found out that since I'm a Trustee and not a beneficiary, and will need to pay the $200 tax stamp fee for each of the remaining two items.
I don't want to add these items to my existing gun trust and plan on submitting them as an individual.
The machine gun dealer back east that I used to sell one of the sub machine guns, sent me the Form 4's for the remaining two tax stamped items, but I'm in the dark on when I need to send in the fingerprint cards and when to mail in the Responsible Person paperwork to my local sheriff.

Any good advice will be appreciated.

I need some advise regarding the new regulations when submitting Form 4's.
I haven't followed all the new "Persons of Responsibly' requirements since Obama was in office and changed the rules.
I'm involved in a couple of tax stamped sub machine guns along with a suppressor that was bequeathed to me as a Trustee of a gun trust, along with another out of state Trustee so named in the gun trust.
I'm the legal executor of the gun trust and also the will of the late person who passed away.
I since sold one of the machine guns to fund the buy out of the other party and recently found out that since I'm a Trustee and not a beneficiary, and will need to pay the $200 tax stamp fee for each of the remaining two items.
I don't want to add these items to my existing gun trust and plan on submitting them as an individual.
The machine gun dealer back east that I used to sell one of the sub machine guns, sent me the Form 4's for the remaining two tax stamped items, but I'm in the dark on when I need to send in the fingerprint cards and when to mail in the Responsible Person paperwork to my local sheriff.

Any good advice will be appreciated.
If you're doing the transfer on both NFA items as an individual at the same time and you're going to file paper forms instead of electronically, (in addition to a check totaling the $400 tax) both Form-4's filled out for each NFA item, and for each NFA item you'll need to submit two copies of a 2"x2" passport type photo of yourself, and (I believe) two copies of your finger prints on (form) FD-258 (you can get the kit on Amazon for $23) FD-258 Fingerprint Kit here: https://a.co/d/3uRiKB5

So for EACH NFA item….

One Form-4 for each NFA item (it's basically a triplicate form)

Two passport style photos (with full name and last four of your SSN written on the back of them) for each Form-4 application.

Two properly filled out FD-258 fingerprint cards for each Form-4 application.

If filing both at the same time: one $400 check (or fill out the credit card section on the application… pass) and put them (separately and properly collated) in a "shotgun" envelope large enough you hold it all, and mail 'em off.

You simply give the CLEO copy(ies) to your local jurisdiction when you get it back from the AFT schmucks.

Did you sell the Thompson or the M16? :s0058:

I sold the Thompson using Midwest Tactical in Missouri as a go between me and the other Trustee, as he proved to be a lying backstabbing scumbag thief, who could not be trusted to sign the release form papers granting me sole possession of the three tax stamped items and return it to me after I cashed him out for one half of the firearms value.
Midwest sold the Thompson for $22,500.00 and charged a 10% consignment fee. I then placed an honest real value on the SWD 11/Nine and Bowers suppressor and had Midwest tell the scumbag that I had decided to sell it also.
They then used part of my Thompson money to pay him off completely. It cost me $1,350.00 out of my pocket in consignment fees to get him out of my life and that was a cheaper price then hiring a lawyer to handle the gun trust issues.
I kid you not, this guy was so low that he had relatives drive from Chicago and haul (steal) stuff out of his dying mothers house while she lay in a hospice bed in the front living room. He would wait until her nightly dose of morphine knocked her out while they loaded up the U-Haul trailer.
I had legal durable medical power of attorney and I stood in his way of financially robbing the whole estate.

I sold the Thompson using Midwest Tactical in Missouri as a go between me and the other Trustee, as he proved to be a lying backstabbing scumbag thief, who could not be trusted to sign the release form papers granting me sole possession of the three tax stamped items and return it to me after I cashed him out for one half of the firearms value.
Midwest sold the Thompson for $22,500.00 and charged a 10% consignment fee. I then placed an honest real value on the SWD 11/Nine and Bowers suppressor and had Midwest tell the scumbag that I had decided to sell it also.
They then used part of my Thompson money to pay him off completely. It cost me $1,350.00 out of my pocket in consignment fees to get him out of my life and that was a cheaper price then hiring a lawyer to handle the gun trust issues.
I kid you not, this guy was so low that he had relatives drive from Chicago and haul (steal) stuff out of his dying mothers house while she lay in a hospice bed in the front living room. He would wait until her nightly dose of morphine knocked her out while they loaded up the U-Haul trailer.
I had legal durable medical power of attorney and I stood in his way of financially robbing the whole estate.
Holy hell! Good job of getting that bottom feeder out of your life. Good Lesson to other gun trust owners. Keep it simple and only people you trust should have any authority in it.

The best advise I got was to have her grant me legal durable medical power of attorney while she was of sound mind.
That alone kept the scumbag son from completely robbing the estate before she passed away.

Here's what I've figured out so far.

1. a copy of the gun trust showing your a legal Trustee of the gun trust.
2. a copy of the death certificate of the gun trust "Trustor".
3. a copy of the letter from the other Trustee signing off any holds on the two remaining tax stamped items left in the trust.
4. two completed form 4's marked as an individule filing for each NFA item along with the passport photos and fingerprint cards.
5. a check made out to the ATF for $400.00.

When do you mail the CLEO copies of the Form 4's, the same time as you're submitting the paperwork to the ATF, or after you get the tax stamps back from the ATF?

Here's what I've figured out so far.

1. a copy of the gun trust showing your a legal Trustee of the gun trust.
2. a copy of the death certificate of the gun trust "Trustor".
3. a copy of the letter from the other Trustee signing off any holds on the two remaining tax stamped items left in the trust.
4. two completed form 4's marked as an individule filing for each NFA item along with the passport photos and fingerprint cards.
5. a check made out to the ATF for $400.00.

When do you mail the CLEO copies of the Form 4's, the same time as you're submitting the paperwork to the ATF, or after you get the tax stamps back from the ATF?
This site might be of help if you haven't seen it already. if you really browse around there is a ton of info here. It may not be readily apparent but as you dig around you may be surpised what you find as it may come up with just the thing you need in terms of answering a q you may have. Also the videos and written walk thorughs of how to fill out forms etc can be helpful..

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top