JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ruger 22/45. I can hit whatever I shoot at. There built to hold up and have a ton of accessories you can get for them. Don't let the cleaning thing sway you. Theres a gozillion Youtube videos that can run you through the process with ease.

I have a P22 but it's very finicky about ammo, Mags jam, and past 10 yards it's hard to hit stuff.

I was super interested in the 22/45 before it appeared in any shops last year, then I got sidetracked and I still haven't picked one up yet.

So, now that they're everywhere, I'm interested in observations from people who own them, particulary regarding accuracy. Would you rate it with the Mark II or III?

How about with the silencer can on it, does that affect anything?

I was super interested in the 22/45 before it appeared in any shops last year, then I got sidetracked and I still haven't picked one up yet.

So, now that they're everywhere, I'm interested in observations from people who own them, particulary regarding accuracy. Would you rate it with the Mark II or III?

How about with the silencer can on it, does that affect anything?

It's effectively the same upper, only the lower is different so I imagine it is very similar. A good quality silencer could actually improve groups although you may experience POI shift. As long as the POI shift is repeatable it shouldn't be a problem.

I've had my Buckmark a couple of years now. Over 5000 rounds through it.

BrowningBuckmartRght533x400.jpg

I would also recommend the S&W 22A, I have one it's accurate and no tools needed for a quick field strip.
I think is a very good deal, right now Cheaperthandirt has it for $240.00 2-SW107410FC - S&W Model 22A Semiautomatic Rimfire Handgun .22 LR 5-1/2" Barrel 10 Rounds Black Plastic Grips Blue/Black Finish

I saw one of those NIB at a gun show in Klamath Falls for $199 and was excited until I picked it up. The grip didn't feel good in my hand, which makes all the difference. The $100 more I payed for the Buckmark was money well spent as it comfortably fits my hand.

Of course, YMMV, which is the reason you really need to handle any firearm before buying.

While I would not recomend a .22 lr for self defense it is infinitly better than NO gun and a HIT with a .22 lr is better than a miss with a .44 any day.

If you can take some classes and get your CWP (WA.) (if you have not already) that would be good.

That said priority would have to move to RELIABILITY and Ruger gets that hands down.

YYMV

respectfully,

ORSECTRAIN
"Be Safe Out There!"

I was in the same market at you and just recently purchased a Ruger SR22 after doing a little research. Haven't even had the chance to shoot it yet...but Ruger seems to be the most reliable according to the community. I really liked the look and feel of the Ruger as well. photo.jpg

photo.jpg

I can say without hesitation that the Sig Mosquito is a great pistol. Shoots well, and honestly all the bashing about malfunctions, I think, is overblown. If you do not clean and lube your weapon- it will likely malfunction. Now I haven't tried running the cheapest ammo I can find through it, but over 1000rds of mini-mags have netted 1 ftf- an ammo problem-good strike on primer, didn't fire. I'm glad I bought it- nearly full size pistol, similar controls to most of Sig's other pistols, and super cheap to buy and shoot (picked mine up at Sportsman's Warehouse for $315 in duo-tone)

I have a small hand and that is the problem I'm having. I guess I need to take a trip to Outdoor Warehouse or LL Guns and try on a few! The S&W is sold out at Cheaperthandirt. :(

I have my CWP. My husband said the same thing. He thinks I should get a 9mm. I'll get both! :cool:
That's the correct answer for me.

I have a small hand and that is the problem I'm having. I guess I need to take a trip to Outdoor Warehouse or LL Guns and try on a few! The S&W is sold out at Cheaperthandirt. :(
Yes, definitely handle the gun before buying. I have decent sized hands that the S&W 22A was too big to be comfortable for me. (If thats the S&W you are referring to in your post)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top