JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
If any of you saw my last post, I was asking for some help on guns values.

Here's the link to the last thread
https://www.northwestfirearms.com/threads/have-i-valued-these-guns-correctly.118311/

Anyway, long story short, my friend found a thirteen more guns in a suitcase. I have valued most of them, but some I can't even identify. Can anyone confirm the values I've shown or tell me the name of the guns marked unknown.

Here is a link to the image. It is very big and may take some time to download. It will load small, but if you click on it, it will enlarge to full size. Any help is much appreciated.

<broken link removed>

I'm putting them up for sale this wednesday with about a dozen other pistols from the last question I asked.

Were I you I'd do my due dilligence my own self. I didn't click but it should take you a couple minutes per via any search engine to get you in the ballpark.

Here's what I think about the "unknown" guns in the picture. Hope this helps.

* Unknown upper left: One of the many variants of the "British Bulldog", a category of cheap, poorly made junk guns. Made in the US and Belgium in the late 1800s, usually in .32 or .38 caliber. These have essentially zero value as collector pieces. The one in the picture appears to be missing some parts.

* Unknown top center: Four barrel percussion pepperbox pistol. Not a vintage piece. Probably assembled from a Classic Arms kit. Probably .36 caliber. These sell brand new for around 140 dollars. The rusty barrels on this one will devalue it quite a bit.

* Unknown left side, pair of nickel-plated revolvers: The revolver on the left is one of many inexpensive knock-offs of the Smith & Wesson top-break revolvers of the 1880s-1890s. The top strap of the barrel may have some markings indicating who made it. The revolver on the right is a budget solid frame revolver that's firmly in the junk gun "saturday night special" category. Both were probably made in the US in the late 1800s. Both of these have little collector value.

* Unknown lower left: Belgian pocket revolver with folding trigger. Basically just a smaller version of a Bulldog-pattern revolver. Boatloads of these were made for export in Liege in the late 1800s. They are of low quality and have no collectible value.

If I were selling this collection, I'd probably price these junkers at something like "$75 or best offer" and take whatever amount was offered before the buyer came to his senses. :D

The springfield .45 has a Detonics manual in the box...No manual isn't a big deal but the wrong one may give people a less favorable impression of the whole batch.

I pretty much agree with Rick above except instead of Belgium I'd say Europe since they were made all across Europe and not just Belgium. Most of those are only ornamental but they are kinda neat. I wouldn't mind picking up the pocket pistol with folding trigger to use in a shadow box end table or something. I'd say the value is $50-100 at most and I'm pretty sure you don't have to sell the pre-1898 antiques through an FFL. I'm not a lawyer though and 18 U.S.C. § 921 is long.

If any of you saw my last post, I was asking for some help on guns values.

Here's the link to the last thread
https://www.northwestfirearms.com/threads/have-i-valued-these-guns-correctly.118311/

Anyway, long story short, my friend found a thirteen more guns in a suitcase. I have valued most of them, but some I can't even identify. Can anyone confirm the values I've shown or tell me the name of the guns marked unknown.

Here is a link to the image. It is very big and may take some time to download. It will load small, but if you click on it, it will enlarge to full size. Any help is much appreciated.

<broken link removed>

I'm putting them up for sale this wednesday with about a dozen other pistols from the last question I asked.

Here is your pepperbox...Ethen Allen replica, looks exactly like the one you have pictured.

Classic Arms Ethan Allen Pepperbox .36 Gun Kit for sale (919404202)

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top