JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Charter makes a nice double action called the Pathfinder in 4" or 5" .22LR or .22Mag

as well as a 4" stainless model in .22LR and .22mag

<broken link removed>

Retail on them looks to be between $430 and 490.00 depending on which dealer you have order it. Since I have no clue where in Oregon you are hard to advise who has the better price.

You can go to http://www.galleryofguns.com/default.aspx use the GUN GENIE to find a dealer close to you and see what they would charge. I find it's slightly cheaper to have the the dealer order it then you ordering it through the mail. As they usually don't charge the shipping to their shop.

You can get a Heritage Rough rider S/A revolver for around $200+/- new with both cylinders and a 6" barrel. BIG R carries them as a standard stock item.
These pistols also have fully adjustable rear sights for windage and elevation.

There is an old revolver called an EASA that has both cylinders too. It's the earlier version of the Rough Rider before they sold out to Heritage.
I bought one in like new condition with both cylinders for $80. Look on gunbroker.com for the Rough Rider.
There is currrently a seller that has a Buy it now price of $175 +$30 shipping. For $205 you won't go wrong
HERITAGE Rough Rider RR22MB6 22/22M 6.5 BL : Revolvers at GunBroker.com

I love shooting the .22 magnum and my wife like the .22 LR. It's great to have one pistol to serve both of us.

Regards,
Gearchecker

Ruger Single Six Convertible. Was my first gun and will always be one of my favorites. You can't go wrong with one of these.

DSC_5838.jpg

Bought a new Ruger single six in '87 for $165 and still have it, also have a stainless one.Cant go wrong with them.

Stick with one of the better manufacturers and stay away from the cheapies you get what you pay for. The Charter Arms combo is a quality USA made revolver and isn't really expensive, Taurus would be a second to that.Anything Ruger is top quality, I've owned a bunch of single sixes over the years and never had a lick of trouble from any of them. You did specify Single and Double action so stick with those made in the US
Some are Hecho in FLA by Cubanos.
You pays your money and takes your chances.
Bill

I have since discovered Charter Arms is no longer listing the long barreled convertible revolvers any more so if you want one you are going to have to search for them online used or at least pre owned. All they are showing at their website, is a SS 2" in one or the other chambering. Sorry!
Bill

Last Edited:
My experience with the Heritage Rough rider was well ROUGH I couldn't get rid of it fast enough, I'd taken it in a trade and soon figured out why it was such an easy trade to make. Pretty much on the same order as the Phoenix.
Yes I've had both.
Again you get what you pay for.
I've also had several of the Ruger single sixes over the years and have never had a problem with any of them except keeping my hands on them, I wish I still would have them all.
Gabby

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads