JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm partial to the Sig:

15ce2608-6951-4350-81ef-ba9899450607.jpg

262e584d-ec7c-45e5-893f-29fd6ad465e2.jpg

I still like the Colts. I've had two Series 70s, one Combat Elite, and currently a 1943 1911A1. Mostly nostalgia but I like my 45's to be Colts. There was that one time in my misspent youth where I had a Norinco... (In fairness, it was a really reliable shooter.)

Not 100% set... I think I can find one though....

Okay, because I've seen the black stainless around at several places before, but right now it seems like with the crazed gun buying going on, most 1911s are hard to find or order. But I do know of at least one place that has the regular stainless loaded in stock.

The one thing that you should note is that springfield uses several MIM parts, but it seems like they aren't plagued with the MIM part breakages that kimber has.

You're going to pay more for solid steel guns, because of the price of the materials. Colt is more spendy because of this, the same for Dan Wesson.

Springfield uses a lot of MIM (Metal Injected Molded) parts. A cheaper way of doing things, not as per the original design, but they seem to get away with it. As for Kimber, they use MIM as well, but whoever their vendor is, doesn't do them well in the QC area, as their MIM has a bad reputation for breaking.

The early Kimbers were some very fine 1911's, but the Series II's don't come close to the quality.

You can find good used Colts for the price you're looking for, a Dan Wesson, or a new Springfield.

You're going to pay more for solid steel guns, because of the price of the materials. Colt is more spendy because of this, the same for Dan Wesson.

Springfield uses a lot of MIM (Metal Injected Molded) parts. A cheaper way of doing things, not as per the original design, but they seem to get away with it. As for Kimber, they use MIM as well, but whoever their vendor is, doesn't do them well in the QC area, as their MIM has a bad reputation for breaking.

The early Kimbers were some very fine 1911's, but the Series II's don't come close to the quality.

You can find good used Colts for the price you're looking for, a Dan Wesson, or a new Springfield.
So, what do you carry?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads