JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have recently went the route of setting up a "firearm" Trust I put the 3 guns I have in the trust none of them are NFA Items, however I did leave room for future NFA purchases. I live in Southern Oregon and I would like to ask the Oregon Shooters if they have any advice on whom is a reputable Class 3 dealer that has the best selection and price of "Can's" in the State of Oregon. I am looking for a 5.56 and a 7.62(.308) suppressor.

I would like to keep my business in the State of Oregon, nothing against outta state dealers, I just want to keep my money in house.

Thank you in advance

"All the Way!"

NFA Items can only be sold to in state residents anyway, so you wouldn't be able to go out of state. How far south of Portland? There are several dealers I would recommend around Portland. Myself included, but i am bias. There are plenty of dealers who are reputable. Many who have a good stock on hand also. (not me:( )

let us know what areas would be an acceptable drive and i am sure someone from that area will be able to help you out.

NFA Items can only be sold to in state residents anyway, so you wouldn't be able to go out of state. How far south of Portland? There are several dealers I would recommend around Portland. Myself included, but i am bias. There are plenty of dealers who are reputable. Many who have a good stock on hand also. (not me:( )

let us know what areas would be an acceptable drive and i am sure someone from that area will be able to help you out.

Well I live in the Medford Ashland area. So how hard would it be to do a purchase via phone, email, fax and Fed Ex,UPS etc.? I mean this is the age of global commerce so distance should not be an issue. Im confident that some where between Medford and Portland there is a dealer that has what Im looking for.

Your best bet would be a gun show in the area. that and the dealers place of business is the only place a dealer can make the transfer. Once you find what you want, the dealer will have the form 4 filled out with their information. You would then have to fill out the rest. In the case of the trust it is much easier.
No LEO sign off. I am not sure about the rest of the requirements for living trust, but could find out if no one else chimes in.

One bit of advice to speed up the process from the ATF is to send a USPS money order. personal checks are held for 3 weeks to make sure the funds clear.

When i bought my suppressor before i became a dealer i had to drive to bend to pick it up, or wait 2 months before the next gun show.

Your best bet would be a gun show in the area. that and the dealers place of business is the only place a dealer can make the transfer. Once you find what you want, the dealer will have the form 4 filled out with their information. You would then have to fill out the rest. In the case of the trust it is much easier.
No LEO sign off. I am not sure about the rest of the requirements for living trust, but could find out if no one else chimes in.

One bit of advice to speed up the process from the ATF is to send a USPS money order. personal checks are held for 3 weeks to make sure the funds clear.

When i bought my suppressor before i became a dealer i had to drive to bend to pick it up, or wait 2 months before the next gun show.

I was hoping to find a dealer either in Medford, Roseburg or Eugene. I have done a little research and I think Im really leaning toward getting a Gemtech, they are a good product made in Idaho for a good price. If anyone can think of another brand for either or both 5.56 or .308 let me know, also if anyone knows a dealer in those areas.

I was hoping to find a dealer either in Medford, Roseburg or Eugene. I have done a little research and I think Im really leaning toward getting a Gemtech, they are a good product made in Idaho for a good price. If anyone can think of another brand for either or both 5.56 or .308 let me know, also if anyone knows a dealer in those areas.

wish i could help you out there. but i am sure someone else on here can.

This is not true.

You can sell out of state on a Form 4, but it must go through a dealer in the buyer's state, and thus a 2-stamp process.

That said, if it's sitting on a Form 3, it can be Form 3'd to a local dealer for no charge.

This is not true.

You can sell out of state on a Form 4, but it must go through a dealer in the buyer's state, and thus a 2-stamp process.

That said, if it's sitting on a Form 3, it can be Form 3'd to a local dealer for no charge.

Im not looking to sell, Im going to help the economy and exercise the 2nd.

I did find a gentlemen that is a Class III Manufacturer. Which by him is higher than the Class III dealer, He makes his own suppressors but Im a little weary of anything homemade with no warranty. I have put allot of money into a rifle and I would hate to see my trusts property damaged because of me being cheap and not getting a quality product.

As a marketing manager I am repeating the desired consumer behavior, however in the world of guns and cars you really do get what you pay for.

Im not looking to sell, Im going to help the economy and exercise the 2nd.

I did find a gentlemen that is a Class III Manufacturer. Which by him is higher than the Class III dealer, He makes his own suppressors but Im a little weary of anything homemade with no warranty. I have put allot of money into a rifle and I would hate to see my trusts property damaged because of me being cheap and not getting a quality product.

As a marketing manager I am repeating the desired consumer behavior, however in the world of guns and cars you really do get what you pay for.

he is actually a class II manufacturer. Class III is only a dealer. class II can make them tax free. In my opinion it is the better, but that because that is the route i went.

No reason to be weary of him if he does good work. he just has the same licenses as the other big name manufacturers. Ask him to demo one of his suppressors for you. you should be able to hear if it is a better deal or not.

There are no Class III weapons, only Title II. Class III is just the type of tax paid to be able to sell them as a dealer.

This is not true.

This is true. However the OP did not want to buy from out of state dealers. Also when you inform them that there purchase that they are expecting a $200 tax on will now be $400 tends to kill the deal. As far as the form 3 goes, technically the sale is between the two dealers or it would have to go on a form 4, so either way he is buying it from the local dealer, unless he wants to pay two taxes, and the transfer fees which in all likely hood will total close to $500 on a $650 item. not a good deal.

he is actually a class II manufacturer. Class III is only a dealer. class II can make them tax free. In my opinion it is the better, but that because that is the route i went.

No reason to be weary of him if he does good work. he just has the same licenses as the other big name manufacturers. Ask him to demo one of his suppressors for you. you should be able to hear if it is a better deal or not.

There are no Class III weapons, only Title II. Class III is just the type of tax paid to be able to sell them as a dealer.

This is true. However the OP did not want to buy from out of state dealers. Also when you inform them that there purchase that they are expecting a $200 tax on will now be $400 tends to kill the deal. As far as the form 3 goes, technically the sale is between the two dealers or it would have to go on a form 4, so either way he is buying it from the local dealer, unless he wants to pay two taxes, and the transfer fees which in all likely hood will total close to $500 on a $650 item. not a good deal.

The gentlemen I was referring too manufactures and refurbishes AK's AKM's, RPK's and PKM's for a living. He's a great guy who knows his stuff, he started making suppressors to see how they would turn out. He has had a fair amount of success in his work, According to him he can make a suppressor at least 98% of what I could find on the on the market only his are for 1/3rd the price.

Im going to take him up on his offer. If things work out I think Im going to do some marketing for him and see if I can get him a more robust clientele.
so he can work less and make more.

The class III dealers in Southern Oregon are:
Jackson County Armory in Central Point
Welburn's Weapons in White City
Roseburg Gun Shop *surprise* in Roseburg

I would recommend Welburn's probably above the others, but it sounds like you are set to buy one from the manufacturer.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top