JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ok so here is the story;

My family and I have been in our rental going on 6 years now. The place is terrible, the managers are borderline slum-lords, but the price is right so we've stayed. The problem is that the owner is selling and we sure aren't buying. Now he wants us out so that he can renovate for a faster sale.

Your help comes in by sending me info on an open rental. The hard part is our criteria are very strict. I'm searching craigslist, oregonlive, and about 12 management companies multiple times daily but the search is so far fruitless.

Rent cap at $950
2 or 3 bedrooms
1000 square or larger
garage(not carport)
good sized back yard
within 50mi of Portland...but not in WA
can't be an apartment/duplex/townhouse/condo

We had planned on buying way back in January but then my stepkid's father decided to file for more custody...and there went our money, right into the lawyer's pocket. So our credit is ok, we're CCW holders so we're not criminals. We're also not Whiskey Tango crack smoking, speed snorting low-lifes. Just a small family in a hard place with money to spend but nowhere to spend it.

Got a lead? PM me.

How much time do you have until you have to be out? I'm looking to buy a place but don't know yet how fast I'm going to move...once I do the place I'm renting now will be open and it's only $750...downside is that it's just 2 blocks away from the 82nd max platform, and of course 82nd avenue itself.......with an auto body shop next door........ugh....some might say it's a target rich environment...but the location is what keeps the rent low

Because of the custody battle there was a status quo order filed. I can't even take the kid across the state line to Vancouver! I can honestly say, without crap-talking, that her ex filed the case because he knew we were looking at places pretty far out, and he didn't want us to make him drive very far to pick up his kid on weekends.

That's neither here nor there.

That status quo order even forbade us from moving, but due to the owner of this house putting it up for sale we do have the leeway to look for a place, but still not in WA.

Last Edited:
it can get pretty noisy when they have a lot of work going on there...vehicles moving in or out, grinders, metal clanging....and of course the idiots driving around with the thumping stereos...definitely a target rich environment if it were legal....but they do wind down around 3 or 4 in the afternoon and not much noise after that, except for the tweaker neighbors who seem to live in their backyard along with their pet boom box...so unfortunately no it's not a very quiet area..this greatly contributes to my decision to move...but back when I first moved in the low rent was exactly what i needed

Ah, gotcha. We're not too concerned with cost at the moment, we really could push to 1100, but at that price we'd just go in for a high interest mortgage! ****, the place we were going to close on was amazing, on 4 acres, and the payment was only 895 per. We're renting for 1040 now.

wow I'd love to have a place with 4 acres......it would be a colossal improvement overe being in the city

Exactly our thought! My perfect house has room for chickens, a couple goats, a half acre or more flat ground for planting, and a nice heated shop. Everything else is superfluous. I just know I want my very young son and my near-teen stepson to get out of town and learn some country living. Having spent my time very nearly evenly divided between the two myself I can personally attest that you just miss out on too much living in city limits.

How much time do you have until you have to be out? I'm looking to buy a place but don't know yet how fast I'm going to move...once I do the place I'm renting now will be open and it's only $750...downside is that it's just 2 blocks away from the 82nd max platform, and of course 82nd avenue itself.......with an auto body shop next door........ugh....some might say it's a target rich environment...but the location is what keeps the rent low

Which autobody shop?

There have been scammers renting out homes THAT ARE NOT THEIRS from Craigslist, or renting the same property to several different parties. I have seen several news stories about this. They take your deposits and rent and dissappear. Law enforcement agencies are involved, but be very careful about offers on Craigslist........................elsullo :(

Right by the milwaukie police station $900 i believe its 3 bedroom 2 bath with garage and decently big backyard. My friend lives next door to this house and owner said hes gonna rent it at $900 soon and asked if my friend new anybody who would be interested im the only one that knows so far decent home.. great price I can find out more if you would like.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top