JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I purchased a weatherby mark V in 300 weatheby off from gun broker and it arrived this week. I also purchased a Leupold Freedom 4-12X40 30 mm tube and side focus ( about five bills). The scope is too short by about an inch and a half to fit between the custom mounts / rings.. I am going to be looking for another quality scope but need a longer tube for previous reasons. Any recommendations - I would like to spend around 500$ or so - suggestions?

I'm sure you already found a solution by now, but a quick look at the Leupold website shows that your scope has a total mounting space of 5.94" The overall length of the scope is 12.39"

It seems like you'd need a scope in the 13.5" overall length range to make it work with the mounts you have. As far as specific ideas, nothing really pops into my mind in the 4-12 category!

Here is the link to the spec sheet for your VX-Freedom (or at least what I assume your model is).

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top