JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Recent purchase, looks to have been dry fired too many times since 1959.... The firing pin has left an indentation on the breech and it is not always hitting the case/rim hard enough to fire. I figure a small fill weld and refinish of the chamber/breechface? Anyone?

Thanks,

Shawn

I bought this as a gift for my father to replace one that was stolen back when I was a kid, dad bought this identical model back in 1960 and I wanted one that was original.

I am buying a 22/45 soon to go with a pac-lite upper, so I could use that upper on the old MKI, but I really wanted an original MKI Target model to give to dad.

Thanks for the input.

Best gunsmith I know in Vancouver is Les Johnson at Clark County Gunsmithing. Totally honest and competent guy, home based business. He's done lots of work for me at prices I thought were incredibly reasonable. New 1911 sight installation (conversion from GI sights) cost me all of $35 and wasn't a simple job at all. He's located just east of Clark College off of Mill Plain Blvd.

I ordered the pac-lite, and the dealer was very specific that it would fit any variation, so I would think that the Ruger parts would be the same, but no I am not 100% certain.

Thanks SynapticSilence, I will call him soon.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top