JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I plan to buy a Mossberg 500 with interchangeable barrels. One barrel is 18.5 inches long for home defense. The other is a standard 28 inch barrel, which is useful for hunting. I plan to keep the short barrel on it at home and load it with 00 buckshot. I think I would be pretty well prepared to protect my home this way. Bi-Mart has them for around $279 at this time. I really think that this package would be hard to beat. Good luck with whatever you choose.

870 express. You can slowly build it to be amazing a few bucks at a time.

If left handed I say moss 500.

Had both in the end 870 for me. All personal preference as far as safteys and control layout.

Mossberg 590A1 or Remington 870 Police. It depends on preference. These are the higher end versions that have special features compared to the striped down 870 express and 590.

I'm looking for a first shotgun as well. My internet research has pointed me to a lot of recommendations for a Remington 870 or a Mossberg <broken link removed> (or <broken link removed> ).

If you haven't found it already, there is a really good YouTube series which covers the "tactical" versions of those.

I've heard a lot of good things about the <broken link removed> as well. I saw one in Bi-Mart for about $460. One other thing I learned on that Bi-Mart trip: the finish on the low-end Rem 870 feels very cheap -- toy gun cheap. The internals are supposedly the same, but it was still a definite turn off for me.

Keep us updated on what you decide. :)

Another thing to consider is my 590A1 has ghost ring sights.. a must have for COMBAT shotgun
DSC01690.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top