Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Need a shady sopt close to Lucia Falls

Discussion in 'Outdoor Shooting Areas' started by omenwolf, Sep 11, 2012.

1. omenwolf

omenwolf Oregon Active Member

I am going up to Lucia falls washington on Saturday with some buddies, and I dont know the area very well. We need a spot close to Lucia to shoot pistols. Id say about 15-20 min away from lucia would be awesome.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!

2. clambo

clambo Vancouver, Wa. Well-Known Member

Head up Sunset Falls Road towards Sunset Falls Campground. This is the Gifford Pinchot National Forest boundary. Continue east on rd through campground and you will find a rock pit a mile or so up the road on the left. This should meet your needs. I believe there are other places one could shoot further up the road too, but I haven't been up there myself. Sunset Falls Campground is about 20 min. from Lucia, ideal for your needs.

Clambo

3. omenwolf

thank you soooo much!!!!!!

4. omenwolf

is this the place??
    9A9E0076-A123-4757-BFF3-FED493FDA4D6-4334-00000B3EB0B43176.jpg

5. clambo

clambo Vancouver, Wa. Well-Known Member

The place I am talking about is right off the left side of Sunset Falls Rd/FS 42 Rd. You cannot miss it. However, I am certain you can find other places up there too, such as the one pinned on your map. I wish I could be more specific but FS Rd 42 is one of the few I have never been very far up. I made an attempt to do more exploring in that area early last spring but my wife freaked as soon as I hit the low snow line and spun my first tire. Had to turn around and go home....needlessly. I have a well equipped 4x4 and lots of snow experience. Everytime I come on here and read more....I like that Burt Gummer guy just a little bit more. :) Marriage has dimmed much of my fun.

6. omenwolf

That place was perfect, thank you very much!