Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Need a safe?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Kimber Custom, Sep 10, 2010.

1. Kimber Custom

Kimber Custom Vancouver, WA Bronze Vendor Bronze Vendor

Got my costco coupon book today and starting the 19th they have an online special for a 407lb gun safe delivered for $599. Looked like a nice setup.

2. jmh119

jmh119 Hillsboro, Oregon Member

Hmmmm, gun? Or a new safe to put it in? Decisions, decisions! :)

3. bmw2

bmw2 Mount Vernon, Wa Active Member

That is one of the great questions of the universe.

Those are a pretty good deal though. If you don't have some sort of safe right now, you should definitely get something.

4. spectra

spectra The Couve Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

If you do not have a safe for this price it is a great deal. Costco - BIGHORN Classic 5928ECC-SPL Safe I would rather buy the safe than a gun forthe 599.99. **** I already have a safe but for this price I am debating getting another just for the storage space. It also comes with all the access you see on the door also.

5. jmh119

jmh119 Hillsboro, Oregon Member

that is a nice one! I too have a safe, but I guess I could always use another one!

6. spectra

This safe is pretty sweet looking:thumbup: I was at the Vancouver Costco today and they had about 8 of them sitting on an end cap. Wheels are spinning now:laugh:

7. 8ball

8ball WA Quit talkin' and start chalking!

I like the price, but why is it that nearly every gun safe has that faux-western look with pinstriping, old-timey fonts and pictures of animals on them?

Look at AMSEC for example. They make about a hundred safes, all of which look perfectly normal, and then they cover every single one of their gun safes with pinstripes, curliques and other details which scream OLD MANS GUN SAFE.

Is there a federal law that guns safes must look like they were made for a sheriff in the Wild West?

EDIT: I take it back. Browning have a new line of Tactical Gun Safes that look great. Unfortunately MSRP starts at $2000!

AR35Fl.jpg

AR35Fintl.jpg

http://www.browning.com/library/infonews/detail.asp?id=198

8. coyote223

coyote223 NW Oregon Stamp Collector,,,

Even comes with carry handles. ^ ^ ^

So the crackheads don't have such a hard time carrying it away. :D

9. spectra

That safe has been out for a while. It is a nice pc but for the price well you can do better.

As for he pinstripes and deer logos I could care less. The safe is not where everyone can see it what matters to me is what it holds and how long it can keep someone out who dioes not know the combo:paranoid: