JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I just got a Montana Rifle Co X3 Elite, only thing I'm not excited about is the bolt, action, barrel is a matte/satin stainless finish. I was going to have a buddy paint it for me but all his stuff is in storage and he won't be able to do it anything soon. I was wanting to get it done before I mount my bases and scope so I can get it dialed for when I leave for Idaho in a month.

Anyone know where I can get it done ASAP?!?! Not looking for cerakote or anything fancy, just a quick paint job...

Thanks!

Duracoat is considered paint and is a good user applied coating . Cerakote , if applied professionally is in an entirely different class . That is why many high end firearms are finished with Cerakote . It is rated number one in independent testing for corrosion resistance , abraision resistance and UV fading . It is not harmful to the environment like most of the chemical treatments . Call us at 503-855-4181

Duracoat is considered paint and is a good user applied coating . Cerakote , if applied professionally is in an entirely different class . That is why many high end firearms are finished with Cerakote . It is rated number one in independent testing for corrosion resistance , abraision resistance and UV fading . It is not harmful to the environment like most of the chemical treatments . Call us at 503-855-4181

Can you apply it without removing the scope/bases? I just mounted and sighted in the scope on it. I'm leaving in less than a month for an out of state hunt...

coat of arms in keizer does cerakote. their cerakoter works at my work's bodyshop during the week and works for them on the weekends. he does good work. his name is michael. the owner of coat of arms is adam. theyre both good dudes.

I'm curious why you can't just have someone cerakote the bolt. Can't you pull the bolt out of the action without disturbing your rings/bases/scope? If you can't, I know what brand I'm never interested in buying

A quick sale?:rolleyes:

I painted an AR in 2011 (I remember it was 2011 because my exwife and I were visiting her family and we got married in 2012) with a can of satin finish Nutmeg color brown that I bought from Walmart in New Mexico. I let it sit in the sun and warm up for about 30 minutes, temperature was about 90 - 100 degrees. Then I applied a few coats of the spray paint, barrel, hand guard, lower receiver, upper receiver, taped off sensitive areas, but painted the whole thing. I must have magic powers because I have shot that rifle regularly since then in competitions, in the rain, and have put thousands of rounds through it (less than 5 though) and the only place the paint has worn off noticeably is on the hand guard where my hand (and wedding ring) contacts it often. It's 2019, 8 years later... not to mention I've noticed dweebs are paying big money for 'battleworn' finishes these days, call me crazy with my $3 can of spray paint, but don't take my word for it, go look up any video where team members are talking about painting their rifles with (gasp) spray paint, because it gets the job done, is easily alterable, and can be customized quickly for any environment.

Where I will say that other painting options stand out is if the owner wants it to look a certain way, effectively forever, as other options are, obviously, more resilient to abuse than spray paint.

The high heat engine paint that s resistant to gas and oil is good . I used it on a 22 and a SKS held up well temp and curing time makes a difference.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top