Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Need A Replacement Deep Freeze!

Discussion in 'Preparedness & Survival' started by erudne, May 19, 2014.

1. erudne

erudne The Pie Matrix PPL Say Sleeping W/Your Rifle Is A bad Thing? Bronze Supporter

After 34 years the upright deep freeze has started leaking at site #1 to the point where only the bottom 1/3 is frozen. I do not know if the freezer can be recharged or how much that would cost considering it's leaking. I do not know the Mfg but is an American unit. So I'm looking for advise/replacement unit

2. WashCoDad

WashCoDad Beanerton Active Member

Depends on how much space you really need. I use a smaller chest freezer vs a standup unit.
    Bought it at costco for about 250 a couple years ago.

erudne likes this.
  3. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

^^^Ditto w/WCD! We use a Kenmore 5.7 cf chest freezer about $179 on sale. Nice and energy efficient!:D

4. SmawGunner

SmawGunner portland metro Active Member

Freezers being sold nowadays dont last as long as they used to so you need to do more research so you dont buy a bad one. Consider getting a Danby. http://t.homedepot.com/p/Danby-8-7-cu-ft-Chest-Freezer-DCFM246WDD/202677392
    Its well known to be much better than the rest out there. Longest lasting and most energy efficient compressor. exta insulation. great warranty. You will pay a little more up front for quality but it will cost less in the long run because its efficient and its not going to break down on you. Imagine how much $ in food would be lost if one broke down on you. Just read all the great reviews here on the Danby.
    http://www.amazon.com/Danby-DCF700W1-cu-ft-Chest-Freezer/product-reviews/B001CWDZYI

5. erudne

erudne The Pie Matrix PPL Say Sleeping W/Your Rifle Is A bad Thing? Bronze Supporter

situation was resolved, thanks