JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Looks like the major players are

DPMS $50
Rock River Arms $70
Stag Arms $65

They are roughly $50-70. I would like everyone's feedback and insight, so I don't buy the wrong brand. Not getting a definitive answer online. Some say one is better than other, others say they're all the same. I'm a believer of you get what you pay, so I'm leaning towards the RRA LPK. What do you guys think?

I'm in the market for a Lower Parts Kit with a Single Stage Trigger

I have not noticed much of a difference between the parts kits of the major manufacturers. I have installed kits from Doublestar, Stag, and DPMS and they all seem to be the same. I guess that's what the mil-spec tolerences are for. All of them have the standard mil-spec trigger (heavy and creepy). If you want a lighter trigger you will have to look at an aftermarket manufacturer.

When my AR15 was built by nhuman from the board, he used a CMMG parts kit. It is a very smooth and crisp trigger pull. I absolutely love it.

The new Double Star kits are also very good, as I have fired an AR recently with that kit in it. As good as the CMMG to me.

You can usually find them at the Portland shows for around $60-65.

I have also fired another AR with a DPMS kit in it, and I don't know if it was just that particular parts kit or what, but it felt like rubbing sand paper over broken glass. Very gritty feeling trigger pull. I absolutely hated it.

Just my limited observations. I hope this info helps.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I do not think I have a problem. I'm told that the first step to recovery is to admit your problem..... Screw them. I have NO problem.

I like them all but have also noticed the DPMS are not as tight as the others. That being said, their hammer is great since it can be used effectively in .22 and 9mm conversions without trouble.

Bill Springfield in OR can do a great job for about $40 and makes the DPMS kit feel pretty close to a match kit.

If you're looking for a great drop in, I highly recommend spending a few extra dollars and getting the CMMG, RRA or Stag. I have them all and the RRA is my favorite, especially when paired with my MEGA adjustable trigger!

I've built 3 lowers using DPMS LPKs, two with RRA LPKs, and one with CMMG. They have all worked flawlessly and assembled with no problems. Some very good companies sell DPMS kits for finishing their stripped lowers. i would buy the cheapest, or most readily available, of any of those you listed.

I like them all but have also noticed the DPMS are not as tight as the others. That being said, their hammer is great since it can be used effectively in .22 and 9mm conversions without trouble.

Bill Springfield in OR can do a great job for about $40 and makes the DPMS kit feel pretty close to a match kit.

If you're looking for a great drop in, I highly recommend spending a few extra dollars and getting the CMMG, RRA or Stag. I have them all and the RRA is my favorite, especially when paired with my MEGA adjustable trigger!

Who do you have to know to get a Mega adjustable trigger? I've only seen rumor and speculation. If you tell me it's on a mid-length monolithic upper and a billet lower, I'm going to be a tad jealous. :s0114:

I've got a RRA kit seems as good as the one in my friend's factory SW.

Good luck with your parts kit. Just be thankful you have all of those choices that weren't there a year ago and they aren't twice as expensive.

Eddie

Who do you have to know to get a Mega adjustable trigger? I've only seen rumor and speculation. If you tell me it's on a mid-length monolithic upper and a billet lower, I'm going to be a tad jealous. :s0114:

I've got a RRA kit seems as good as the one in my friend's factory SW.

Good luck with your parts kit. Just be thankful you have all of those choices that weren't there a year ago and they aren't twice as expensive.

Eddie

I know the guys at MEGA and I'm testing one for them. There are a couple floating around... I will hopefully be getting a Monolithic upper in the next couple weeks to test, too. ;)

They will go on sale soon. I'll also be posting a review here on NWFA using several parts kits to check for different feels.

Another thing about LPKs, spend the bucks for a good one if you're going to leave it alone, or get a lower priced one if you're going to swap out the trigger with a Gissele, National Match(contact NorthernBornRebel for RRA NM kits) or any other upgraded trigger. :s0155:

I ended up going with a Rock River Arms NM 2 stage trigger with Lower Parts Kit I found on Gunbroker for $114.95. I put it together earlier today, so far I'm loving it. The kit's fit, finish, and trigger pull are really nice. I'm glad I spent the extra money. Thank you for all the feed back.

I know the guys at MEGA and I'm testing one for them. There are a couple floating around... I will hopefully be getting a Monolithic upper in the next couple weeks to test, too. ;)

They will go on sale soon. I'll also be posting a review here on NWFA using several parts kits to check for different feels.

Another thing about LPKs, spend the bucks for a good one if you're going to leave it alone, or get a lower priced one if you're going to swap out the trigger with a Gissele, National Match(contact NorthernBornRebel for RRA NM kits) or any other upgraded trigger. :s0155:

Scince you know guys can you get those new quad rails? How long for those triggers?
Thinking of doing a mega billet build.. :s0155:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top