JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Its winter time and I need a new place to shoot. Looking for a place on the east side in the sticks that isn't covered in snow. I am usually up on Wildcat Mt road in the summer, but getting up there in the winter snow is a pain in @SS. I would like to keep it to a 40 mile radius. Ay ideas? There has to be a place thats lower in elevation.

There is the old salmon river rock quarry by brightwood (miller Road). it is gated and you have to walk down the the rock quarry, or the state rock quarry off of highway 224 past memaloose road about 1 mile. Lolo pass in ZigZag

Go down Hillockburn Rd all the way and you'll drive right into the Mt. Hood National Forest. Fire roads galore and numerous places to safely shoot. This is not far from Estacada. Just google Hillockburn road. <broken link removed>
The roads are kept up for the most part being fire roads but you still want to be careful. I wouldn't drive too far in, a few miles, without a 4 wheel drive. Lots of people out there for various reasons so be careful where you shoot.

There's Douglas Ridge Rifle Club on 224 that's not as far out. Just past Barton in Eagle Creek, well before Estacada. Must be a member to get in or a guest of a member. It's a very nice set of various ranges. Start up is about 225.00.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top