JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My wife and I are getting back into shooting and I don't know anywhere around here to go shooting other than the commercial ranges. We live in south east Portland. We don't mind a bit of a drive. And we try to leave places cleaner then when we arrive at them (Boy Scout training never leaves you). You can email me with directions to places if posting them isn't cool. We are pistol and revolver shooters, so we don't need a large rifle area, though we may get a .270 at some point to go hunting. I would appriciate a reply. I'm rather clueless as to where to even begin to look. We only have a Hyundai, and my wife is disabled, so it needs to be someplace we can drive into.

Peace,

Rodney
[email protected]

Just remember it is illegal to shoot from your vehicle... And most of the time within 150 feet of a road..

Oregon may have different laws, but i think this is federal regs

Just remember it is illegal to shoot from your vehicle... And most of the time within 150 feet of a road..

Oregon may have different laws, but i think this is federal regs

It is a National forest thing. Here's a standard statement from the USFS website:

"Discharging a firearm is always prohibited within 150 yards of a residence, building, campsite, occupied area, on or across a road, near or across a body of water, in a cave, or in any manner or place whereby any person or property is exposed to injury or damage."

There are shooting places out Highway 6 as well, along with places in Estacada. All sounds about the same distance from you and I've driven to all of them in my bucket of a 1988 Honda Accord (way better milage than my truck!)

"Disabled" can mean many things. What is the nature of your disability in the context of outdoor shooting accessibility? Do you need someplace completely flat? Are you able to walk short distances? Is rocky terrain a problem?

She is legally blind, but can see well enough to nail the bullseye at 15 yards or so with asnun nose revolver. She, however, has knee and foot problems that limit her mobility as well. Eric gave me directions to a place out of estecada, and it worked well for us; but we amost got ran into by some crazy driver coming off the hill on that narrow road, so she's too spooked to go back there. Plus it was over an hour to get out there. It will work fine for just me and my buds, but not her after the near colision. So I am back to square one for her.

Rodmey

P.s. just got my late grandfather's 7.65 Muaser 1891. Have to make ammo for it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top