JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have rental properties and from my experience, you can't beat heavy duty commercial washers & dryers made for coin-op.
They may cost more up front, but down the road they pay off.
They aren't fancy and don't have a lot of extra knobs and settings, but they are built to last with trouble free performance.
I found a used pair on Craigslist for $200.00 and other then replacing the drive belt on the dryer it has been making money for over four years with no down time.
The front loaders save on water, but tend to smell moldy if you don't leave the door open after a wash cycle. They never fully empty the tub after the last rinse cycle.

I got a front loader Samsung washer delivered by Lowes 2 years ago (plain white, standard features). And they made my old washer go away for free I seem to remember. Did a little comparison shopping online after looking at Consumer Reports to learn what features might be important, or not. Latest CR mag with laundry machines is Aug 2012, pg 52.

BTW, if your new appliance guys won't take away the old ones and they're too shot to sell for $50 each, just put 'em on Craigslist for free. Last time I gave away a dead washer, I had a couple dozen responses within an hour of placing the ad. I was getting overrun and had to pull it fast. That's how big the local scrapper trade is. Some of the players seemed a little "sketchy," as the kids say these days, so I took it in my truck to someone else with a truck. We met in a parking lot - not at my house.

HD and Lowes both offer a 10% military discount. Sears does not. Lowes emailed me Energy Star and Oregon tax rebate forms, so ask if any apply. I think I ended up $230 out of pocket. They also mailed the receipt and accepted an email scan of my military ID. Worked the whole deal from Ft. Livinroom.

We have a set of LG front loaders (side by side) set on the optional pedestal-drawers so you don't have to stoop down to load/unload. They are about 5yrs. old now and haven't had a single solitary problem with them... Ever. (We have eight people in our household)

Also, what jbett98 said... It's best to leave the washer's door cracked open or it will get musty in there.

I'd get another front loader. They use less water, clean the clothes better with less wear, and at the end of the wash cycle, the clothes have less water in them so they dry faster in the dryer, so that saves me money.

I buy a lot of product from Lowes, and if you decide to purchase a set from them, go your your nearest Post Office and ask for a
" moving packet with coupons"
Inside of the packet will be a 10% coupon off any purchase at Lowes.
I use them a lot on large orders. 10% doesn't seem like much, but it helps out when buying something pricey like a W/D set.
I think that Home Depot will also honor the Lowes coupon

If you're interested in used, Spencer's in Portland Metro area is excellent. You may also find a great deal at Standard T.V. & Appliance on 82nd. They gave a scratch-and-dent area in back.
Wifey

I buy a lot of product from Lowes, and if you decide to purchase a set from them, go your your nearest Post Office and ask for a
I use them a lot on large orders. 10% doesn't seem like much, but it helps out when buying something pricey like a W/D set.

Awesome advice! We bought our dishwasher at Lowe's as I recall.

I do this as well, saved me a couple hundred on fence material last time I did that, have used it other times as well, works good and saves money!

Home depot does honor the coupon as well, so it doesn't matter if you want to shop there either, it still works.

Another thing you can do is shop around online to see if there is a better price somewhere else, and the store will price match for you. I bought a portable dishwasher a few years ago when I was in a rental and saved over $200 by looking around online.

Thanks for the tip!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews