JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So a coworker just gave me a project gun that his dad had disassembled before he passed away a few years ago.

It is a Czech Mauser VZ-24 BRNO in 8mm I believe.
I have the barreled action, stock, trigger parts, a stripped bolt, and a complete bolt, that may have the safety stuck on it, and neither bolt has numbers that match the action.

Would anyone be willing to offer some advice on how to complete the project...?
Like where I might be able to find the magazine/trigger guard assembly, and upper wooden handguard piece for the stock.
Or how to disassemble/unstick the bolt.
The bolt is out of the gun, I just can't get it to close in the gun as the rear of the bolt won't quite clear.
I'm not even sure its to this type of Mauser.

I'm just looking to get it back in working order and would appreciate any advice.
Thanks.
Pics will come soon.
-K

Have to check if it's the right bolt... there were so many different versions of the mauser made, some people assume all the bolts are the same, and try to swap 'em. Problem is they're different lengths.

If the safety moves, if you flip it to the straight up position, you press the button on the side, and the back of the bolt (firing pin assy) should unscrew, put the firing pin on a wood block and press down (put your thumb on top of the safety lever), then twist the FP retainer 90deg. Congrats, you should have now done a gross disassembly of a mauser bolt.

Thanks for the advice!
I looked up a video to disassemble the bolt, and with your tips, I unscrewed the back portion of the bolt and now it seems to work! ;)

I guess I need a Go/No-Go gauge, trigger guard/magazine, amd then the upper handguard wood, and I've got myself a complete rifle!

I looked online, and it seemed that some places say that parts are interchangable with K98...
Is that so...?
It looked like all the VZ24 trigger guards were sold out.
Anyone know a good place to find one...?

Thanks!
-K

Here is a pic of a VZ 24 I sporterized over 20 years ago.. It has been used every year since. I know it is not the same as remaining stock, just a photo op. :)

hrwl90.jpg

Thanks for the advice!
I looked online, and it seemed that some places say that parts are interchangable with K98...
Is that so...?
It looked like all the VZ24 trigger guards were sold out.
Anyone know a good place to find one...?

Most parts interchange, there's usually a few that don't even between different generations of mausers. Somewhere out in the garage I think I have a box of turkish contract mauser parts, including at least one trigger guard/mag assembly. I've been trying to get the garage cleaned up in anticipation of my coming move, I will make a note to see if it turns up. If I can find it, you can have it.... I just need to find it first.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top