JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Not going to get into it to much on NWFA due to the reason.
I was Fired from my job due to a rumor scuttlebutt after 9 years with the company. Gun related reason and no fault of my own.
So I'm looking for a good lawyer that 2A friendly and wants to help put this company in its place.
Also for.
Changing my time cards to not pay overtime.
Not paying show up time.
Rolling time to following week.
Forcing to work illegally without a license.
And a few more.
So any help would be great.

Well the good news is that if your case is legally sound, you will have the opportunity to give the shaft right back, and hopefully 10x as hard! :s0133:

Make sure you have documentation. Write down everything that happened -- right now --- so that you can be prepared before meeting with the attorneys. Keep it objective and concise. If there are any emails from supervisors/others within the company that may be of help to your case, make sure you copy those to a USB Drive ASAP if you haven't already been canned. If you have any voice mails, play them on speakerphone through a computer recorder program/your smartphone so that you have them for the future.

For some of those things, if you have documentation (or at least wrote them down when they happened), then you can maybe make a case.

For the firearm stuff - I doubt it. For one thing, WA state is an "at will" employment state - i.e., an employer can fire you for just about any reason, without giving reason, unless it is regarding a protected status (ADA, ethnicity/age/etc.).

I could fire you for the color of shirt you wear and that would be fine with regards to employment law.

Not paying for overtime, etc., that may be actionable.

Good luck, but don't expect too much, and don't expect it too soon.

Yes I have. But!!!! My ex employer is making up reasons as they go. So we will see. Only on the termination issue.
All the other ones I need to get my own lawyer as the union will not go after compensation. Only my job back.
This sucks.

I have no personal experience with him, but Mark S. Knapp is advertising in the WAC Gun News magazine as an attorney that specializes in firearms related legal advice. He states that he was admitted to the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals... not sure whether that's good or bad. Also that he handles constitutional and employment issues. Perhaps someone else on the forum knows of him. And you can always review his legal record through the BAR Association.
Mark. S. Knapp, Attorney
253-202-2081
[email protected]
www.firearmslawyer.net

Good luck.

I appreciate everyone's help in this matter. I will be contacting a few of the names mentioned in this post the beginning of the year so far everyone I've talked to is out until then hopefully everything goes good. Not a big shock but the union has not been that much of help. As they put it and I quote (don't poke the bear) well no pun intended but I will hunt the bear and Win.

I went through something like this 20+ years ago. You can't take too many notes. I purchased a mini cassette recorder and made notes right after meetings or phone calls while it was fresh then wrote them down later. Even the people who are on your side may not be competent so good notes may save you.

You will almost certainly need to go through the union process first then get the lawyer. The company likely has a more comfortable relationship with your union rep than they do with the state. Let them get as much on the record as possible before they know you are going to file charges with the state.

I think the gun part of this story won't help your case and it sounds like you have plenty of red meat to go after anyway.

good luck

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads