JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/372309100

Job Title:
CUSTOMS AND BORDER PROTECTION OFFICER
Department:Department Of Homeland Security
Agency:Customs and Border Protection
Job Announcement Number:CBPO 14-2
SALARY RANGE:
$31,628.00 to $39,179.00 / Per Year
OPEN PERIOD:
Wednesday, July 23, 2014 to Wednesday, August 6, 2014
SERIES & GRADE:
GS-1895-05/07
POSITION INFORMATION:
Full Time - Permanent
PROMOTION POTENTIAL:
DUTY LOCATIONS:
Many vacancies in the following location(s):
Honolulu, HI View Map
CBP - Alaska, United States
CBP - Central East Coast, United States
CBP - East Texas, United States
CBP - Florida and Caribbean, United States
More Locations (7)
WHO MAY APPLY:
United States Citizens
SECURITY CLEARANCE:
Public Trust - Background Investigation
SUPERVISORY STATUS:
No
JOB SUMMARY:
About the Agency
CBP: Securing America's Borders
Whether on the frontlines or serving behind the scenes supporting our mission, the men and women of CBP are dedicated to keeping America safe. CBP counts on them. Our Nation counts on them. Can we count on you?

Honestly border patrol makes no sense. The United States of America is what is today because of immigrants and is mostly populated by their descendants. We should just buy Mexico they all want to be in U.S. any ways Deflate the American dollar, back it by gold. Get off our couches and get back to leading this world with American sweat and ingenuity. The corporate run U.S. is a failure.
Beefing up border security is just a waste of tax money its all smoke and mirrors games. I mean really do you think our computer age kids are going to pick the berries, fruits, beans, and vegetables like we did for pennies per pound.

I think there is a huge need. These people flooding over the border aren't doing it for jobs and picking berries.
There are no jobs and no money in Mexico and a lot of the central american countries. We have something they don't.

Govt assistance.
Welfare, housing, food stamps, tax credits for kids ( the more you have the more money you make), etc.
They can run over the border and make $50k a year for a household and NOT WORK! that is wealth where they come from.

The people who think they are coming here for jobs are blind.

This is the destabilization that will tip the table in this country and lead our economic system to collapse.

I think there is a huge need. These people flooding over the border aren't doing it for jobs and picking berries. <br />There are no jobs and no money in Mexico and a lot of the central american countries. We have something they don't. <br /><br />Govt assistance.<br />Welfare, housing, food stamps, tax credits for kids ( the more you have the more money you make), etc.<br />They can run over the border and make $50k a year for a household and NOT WORK! that is wealth where they come from. <br /><br />The people who think they are coming here for jobs are blind. <br /><br />This is the destabilization that will tip the table in this country and lead our economic system to collapse.<br/>

I work in the construction trades and if you did you would know that your above statement was false. They do the jobs no Red blooded American wants to do. Since around 1995 most houses in Oregon have been insulated and drywalled by non green card toting Mexican border jumpers. And please take a drive out to a farm and have a look in the fields to see who is picking manually.

The real problem is most of the money they make goes back to their families in Mexico it leaves our country with nothing in return or taxation.

Yes that has usually been the case, but that tide is shifting to the freeloaders.
Yes some of them work, i see it too with the janitorial company we use it's a revolving door of illegals.

And i know there's billions a year going back across the border. Yes billions.

But all these people try to get the low paying off the books jobs and then have 10 kids and collect probably more money than i make working my butt off getting it for free

My old apartment i lived in before we bought a house was in a really nice neighborhood, and they started taking section 8 in about a year it was filled with unsavory people most of which didn't work, some lived two families to an apt and some people lived in the garages, drove nicer cars than i did.
And the cops started coming around more often.

And all these kids are now going to the nice schools I wanted to send my kid to. But they will have less education and get free college. Where as my kid will grow old in student loans like her old man

My old apartment i lived in before we bought a house was in a really nice neighborhood, and they started taking section 8 in about a year it was filled with unsavory people most of which didn't work, some lived two families to an apt and some people lived in the garages, drove nicer cars than i did.

And all these kids are now going to the nice schools I wanted to send my kid to. But they will have less education and get free college. Where as my kid will grow old in student loans like her old man
Sounds like you're letting assumptions about your neighbors and personal resentments cloud your judgment.

Unless you're Native American how can you justify keeping any race out of this immigrant founded establishment.

Where is this 'free college' you speak of?

My judgements have nothing to do with it. Look at the numbers.

And i actually do have some native american in my DNA.
But it's about following the law and not just opening up the borders. Look at any other country and theor laws on illegal immigrants.

In my opinion, let them in. I'm actually okay with that part, but you should not be able to vote unless your an American citizen and pay taxes, and you shoild NOT be able to collect any govt aid period unless you are a citizen and have been for at least 5-10 years.
Our ancestors didn't come here for free bread, they came here to work like hell until they built their own future.

My judgements have nothing to do with it. Look at the numbers.

And i actually do have some native american in my DNA.
But it's about following the law and not just opening up the borders. Look at any other country and theor laws on illegal immigrants.

In my opinion, let them in. I'm actually okay with that part, but you should not be able to vote unless your an American citizen and pay taxes, and you shoild NOT be able to collect any govt aid period unless you are a citizen and have been for at least 5-10 years.
Our ancestors didn't come here for free bread, they came here to work like hell until they built their own future.
I agree with you there. Really pretty close to my opinion on the subject

After their "academy", guaranteed that 40k is upped quite a bit due to overtime.. probably work 12-20hrs a week overtime and all further training is overtime above that and then there's the easy and essentially rapid pay increases, you're really more looking at $50/55k with federal benefits to start. That lower grade is likely for phone answerers/broom pushers.

The federal benefits are full time, even for part-timers. TSA employees working part time 0-24 hours per week qualify for the same federal benefits, including retirement plans, as full time federal employees. I like the IDEA of the Dept of Homeland Security, but the execution of that idea is all messed up and has seriously departed from the way it was created.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top