Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Need a holster suggestion for working in a rural area clearing land

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by schibbyzoltan, May 26, 2013.

1. schibbyzoltan

schibbyzoltan Seattle, WA Member

Hey guys, so my buddy and I are going to his property out in Goldendale to clear out some land of trees and such. He was giving me a heads up about rattle snakes and such out there and to be careful. He has a little .22 rifle he carries, but I'm going to be bringing my Hi-Point .40 so we can be prepared when we're working. Anyone have any suggestions for a holster that is good to use while doing that kind of work? Mainly chainsawing and cutting down trees and limbs so something that won't get too into the way.

Also, I'm only taking the Hi-Point because it's cheap and I won't be too bummed if anything happens to it since his dad is paying us pretty well.

2. lazerblazer

lazerblazer Portland Active Member

3. schibbyzoltan

schibbyzoltan Seattle, WA Member

I used to do Airsoft back in the day with my friends and tried already. The gun is too big to fit into mine that I had from back then. But I'll go check around tomorrow to find if they have bigger ones. I'd rather pay $10 for a week than $50 haha

4. oknow

oknow amboy wa. Well-Known Member

when you do get a holster make da** sure that the trigger is covered. you don't want a branch giving you a nd and a trip to the hospital.

5. Vstromvoyager

Vstromvoyager Keizer Member

La Police gear has this Condor H1911 Ambidextrous Holster , not too expensive and as oknow said the trigger is covered and it has the extra bungie to hold it in place.

6. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg WA Well-Known Member

I'd be far more worried about illegal alien trespassers. I have chased more than one away from my Mason county land, at gunpoint. Carry a real self defense caliber.. if worried about snakes in Eastern WA load the first two chambers with snakeshot and carry several speedloaders with hollowpoints