JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
you might try posting in the gunsmithing forum, although, i am right near you and would be willing to look at it (with you present as im not an ffl) ive build handfulls of ak's. what exactly do you mean "goofy"

The thing has been double tapping on me. I've replaced the trigger group ( a Tapco G2 single hook) with a TG2 double hook. It doesn't do it as much now, but it still does it...

Hmmm, tapco did have a recall last year on their triggers due to this issue, however if you replaced it, that would have crossed that theory out, did you purchase this ak or build it? My next thought is the position of either one or both the hammer or trigger might be out of spec, just a shot in the dark without pics or looking at

I had a similar problem at one point with a Tapco G2 double hook. There was a tiny bit of excess metal on the front of the trigger that didn't fit in the trigger hole. This acted as a set screw making the trigger pull exceedingly short. When I removed this bit of excess metal (or you can open up the trigger hole a bit more too) the problem went away.

This might seem like a strange cause for the problem, but...
Do you have the skinny profile pistol grip? I had an AK that habitually did the unasked for double tap on me. I replaced the "broomhandle" with a fatter grip - that placed my palm just a little farther back - and the problem went away.
My trigger finger was still at the exact spot of hammer release, once the bolt cycled, and the recoil enduced a 'bump fire' out of me.
I went back to the original grip and it would do it again.
I never had that problem with any rifle before, and have not encountered it since, but it sticks in my mind every time I read about a double-tap problem.

Is your shepard hook locking in the recessed notches on the pins? You may want to switch that paper clip looking wire for one of the plates as seen here: <broken link removed>

I put those plates on all my AK's

SF-

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews