JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
No, I was citing it as an example of "You know you're dealing with an overpriced shop when their bare upper costs as much as..."

You know, the kind who for the price they ask their forgings better be annealed using the whizz of Jesus Himself...

I know bro. I was half kidding, and half tired of folks falling into the trap of the latest greatest AR gee-whiz gimmicks. I've read guys here say the only true battle rifle is a Colt. That is just silly to me. Are they bad? Not at all. Are they better than one I threw together in my wannabe man cave? Let's compare after say....10,000 rounds? :D

Buying a rifle "off the shelf" gives that warm and fuzzy feeling that you have a warranty and darnit the gun will just shoot. Guys with tools and knowhow will still find under-torqued fasteners and improperly staked gas keys and fix them. Just my opinion. YMMV.

TBH, I'm not particularly impressed with the Saint myself; it's long on gimmickry, and the Magpul name is not a feature with me in light of their ITAR issues and my possibly having FN houseguests to plan around.

After 10K rounds, even a bespoke wood-furniture and color-case-hardened Turnbull Custom is probably not gonna have much cash value left...

The Saint is a very well marketed, extremely hyped "off the shelf" AR platform. It brought exactly nothing new to the table. But it will sell well. Springfield paid dearly for it to do just that.

The Saint is a very well marketed, extremely hyped "off the shelf" AR platform. It brought exactly nothing new to the table. But it will sell well. Springfield paid dearly for it to do just that.
And they priced it to pay for all that. Probably gonna end up building the GF a Palmetto 20" A2 upper mated to an M4 telestock, even with that funky ambi-CH the Canucks use and the expensive Norgon ambi mag-catch, at a fraction of the price with the only remaining ITAR Nuisance being the rear sight and mags... (Going for a near-clone on their mil-issue C7A2... assuming things go forward to warrant doing the build.)

Jeez... ALL the "big box" boys buy their forged uppers/lowers, LPK's, barrels, etc, etc from the same manufacturers that merely put the "big box" roll mark on them before annodizing them and shipping them off, then "big box" monkeys assemble them....

As for "weapons of war", I've sported M16's made by GM/Hydramatic, Colt, Mattel, Broken-Schmuck, and Yadda-Chuck... FFS, they all worked just the same. :rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top