JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I guess this is a long shot but here it goes. I have a need for the following.

I would like to see a big brand name off the shelf ar-15 chambered in 6.5 grendel with possibly an 18 inch barrel or possibly even a 20 inch barrel that is a lighter barrel. I really hate heavy guns but I love long barrels in the right applications and if anyone knows the 6.5 grendel you would probably agree that a 20 inch barrel is practically a minimum barrel length you would want to get optimum round performance. My issue like I said is I hate heavy guns (this is case by case) so I would probably settle for an 18 inch barrel but nothing less. So here's the thing. I'm a stickler for factory produced weapons and while im sure it's possible to build your own ar with great parts I just love factory guns especially when the market is so flooded with ar15s. home built Jerry rigged bullbubblegum just doesn't do it for me. I'm really amazed there isn't anyone out there producing 6.5 grendel to sell commonly at a gun store the round is so good it's disgusting. I would love to see an m&p15 style weapon with a light weight 20 inch barrel or maybe even a Springfield or colt. Bushmaster doesn't do it for me and neither does dpms. So I don't know what you people can do for me but maybe Santa will read this or some bubblegum. So in conclusion I guess this isn't really a need but definitely a want.
Thumbs up if this sounds like something you would want In your stocking?

Well buddy, keep looking for "factory built" 6.5 Grendel specific rifle. It sounds like you want everything already assembled because you do not the knowledge and/or skills to build your own. With that said there are a ton of compitant gunsmith's out there that can build what ever you want and preform as well if not better as any factory built piece. With all of your specific needs your not going to find what you want without building it yourself. That is the best thing about the multi cal AR platform. .22lr all the way up to 300 blackout.

I'm really amazed there isn't anyone out there producing 6.5 grendel to sell commonly at a gun store the round is so good it's disgusting.

20" bbl complete rifle.... (psst, this one is under a grand, shhh...)
Product Details: AR15 Rifle - 20" 6.5 Grendel Melonited 15" Quad Rail Rifle
536201611101049amgrendel_rifle_1.jpg

16" bbl, complete rifle...
Product Details: AR15 Rifle - 16"FDE 6.5 Grendel Rifle
629201607261206pm20160726_104652.jpg

they also sell more 6.5G complete uppers including a 24" bbl... 6.5 Grendel Uppers

So I don't know what you people can do for me but maybe Santa will read this or some bubblegum.

ho ho ho, your welcome. :)

You buy the parts you want and ill build you the rifle for free...its fun and only takes an hour from stripped upper and stripped lower...

I would like to see a big brand name off the shelf ar-15 chambered in 6.5 grendel with possibly an 18 inch barrel or possibly even a 20 inch barrel that is a lighter barrel. I really hate heavy guns but I love long barrels in the right applications and if anyone knows the 6.5 grendel you would probably agree that a 20 inch barrel is practically a minimum barrel length you would want to get optimum round performance. My issue like I said is I hate heavy guns (this is case by case) so I would probably settle for an 18 inch barrel but nothing less. So here's the thing. I'm a stickler for factory produced weapons and while im sure it's possible to build your own ar with great parts I just love factory guns especially when the market is so flooded with ar15s. home built Jerry rigged bullbubblegum just doesn't do it for me. I'm really amazed there isn't anyone out there producing 6.5 grendel to sell commonly at a gun store the round is so good it's disgusting. I would love to see an m&p15 style weapon with a light weight 20 inch barrel or maybe even a Springfield or colt. Bushmaster doesn't do it for me and neither does dpms. So I don't know what you people can do for me but maybe Santa will read this or some bubblegum. So in conclusion I guess this isn't really a need but definitely a want.

Looks like in the time it took to write that you could have googled and
Found this.

You really can't get a bigger name for the 6.5 grendel than the from the guy who co- created it and was the first to market it.

Besides that a lot of companies will do custom builds for you since you desire it to be from a dealer. Although building a AR is not rocket science. It harder and takes more time and effort to change the oil in a car than it does to install a barrel on ar15. Oh wait some guys have never changed the oil in their car.

I think the rights to building 6.5 grendel are owned by Alexander arms so thats why you will not see big box companies making them.

Last Edited:

Building an AR is like putting Lego together. I built my own 18" SPR and people have asked me if it's a Daniel Defense rifle and been shocked when I responded with "no I built it myself".

Building an AR is like putting Lego together. I built my own 18" SPR and people have asked me if it's a Daniel Defense rifle and been shocked when I responded with "no I built it myself".

Agree....but really...you can "assemble" an ar15 not "build"...you need to at least throw in an 80% in the mix to say "built"

Oh and to add probably why not every company has started producing 6.5G other than AA owning the rights is that its pretty much has been just for a small crowed of shooters being the precession, or long range shooters so only reloaders and guys who don't mind mail ordering ammo at a buck or more a shot were buying into it.

However now wolf is producing some low cost grendel steel cased ammo which is FINALLY AVAILABLE which precession shooters would never let near their rifles but it will expand the interest in the 6.5G to the casual shooter but probably not enough that big box companies will buy into it.

I do enjoy shooting my latest build yep bubble gum built it myself. I once bought a factory built Grendel when they first came out and had issues with it (out of spec gas key) and customer service response was did you clean it? DUH! I ended up figuring it out and replacing the key with a spare that I had and it worked fine after that.

Plus its competing with the 6.8spc and if someone prefers a carbine the 6.8spc is really the best choice however for bench shooters and long range shooters out of ar15 platform the 65G does out preform out of longer barrels and would be the better choice but since half the market for a more powerful bigger bullet out of the smaller ar15 platform is split between the 6.8SPC and the 6.5G its really not going to be worth it to a big box company to invest in the machining and tooling and licensing (if applicable) to produce them.

Last Edited:
I really want to buy a 6.5G upper for hunting medium game. The advantage is you dont need an AR10 lower. I dont need anything super precision for hunting but it would probably be more accurate than I have skills or time for... would be fun to shoot.
anyways, I said "want" not need so.... we'll see.

I really want to buy a 6.5G upper for hunting medium game. The advantage is you dont need an AR10 lower. I dont need anything super precision for hunting but it would probably be more accurate than I have skills or time for... would be fun to shoot.
anyways, I said "want" not need so.... we'll see.

It really is a good choice for guys wanting to hunt with an ar15 style rifle. Not sure I would use it for eastern mule deer I did once With my first build grendel I shot at a big buck close range 60 yards it took off not sure what happened, if i just missed or what didn't find any blood.

but for western black tail yes for sure especially if you're not the type of hunter that can set for long periods and prefer to walk game trails, dive into the thick or walk long distances on walk in only property. Building a light weight more portable carbine with the power do what larger rifles can do is a big plus.

If you're not doing some kind of $$ precision build then you can practice more with the cheaper Wolf steel cased ammo then hunt with the good stuff.

I really don't hunt black tail deer its an excuse to scout for elk. So i do a lot of walking on walk in only property and a lot of driving and glassing so another benefit of a carbine is the ease of getting in and out of the vehicle with it. My elk rifle is long and cumbersome but when I elk hunt I already have my places picked out so there is not much driving from place to place to glass.

Last Edited:
I guess Alexander arms is a pretty decent company but I think it would be cool if some big companies picked it up. I guess your right about the 6.8 being great out of a shorter barrel. I don't really see it being better than a grendel but probably at least as good. I guess I will just keep day dreaming I'm pretty happy with the saint that I just picked up so I'm going to savor it for a while.

You likely wont see a lot of long pencil weight barrels. If you're going to build a 18"+ barreled 6.5 Grendel you are wanting to shoot at extended ranges. You will get significantly more inherent accuracy out of a heavier weight (stiffer) barrel. So the advantage you may glean from the extra velocity you get out of a longer barrel would likely be negated by the accuracy reduction if you're looking at a very lightweight barrel.

Funny.
People that cant do things themselves are always telling me ''You cant do it''.
Or ''It won't be right''.

Then I do it. And it's right. o_O

I'm really beginning to suffer from low esteem issues.
Low esteem of others. :D
Amen, brother. Confucius say, "Soaring with Eagles very difficult when surrounded by TURKEYS!"

:D

IIRC 6.5 Grendel is proprietary and ONLY available if you license the name so it is only Alwxander arms. I may be wrong but when I wanted one it was way more difficult to get and more expensive than a 6.8SPC

UPDATE

It was proprietary to bill Alexander so that is why Alexander arms is the primary source. It is no longer proprietary so others may make them. Based on 220 Russian so not a lot of brass out for that.

Good luck finding anyone making one complete other that AA

YOU ARE WAY BETTER ASSEMBLING YOUR OWN THAN BUYING COMPLETE 99% of the time.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads