JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Looking for around 4ish kinda cheep mags for my Kimber. I never had a 1911 before but I assume any 1911 mag should work in this? They dont need to be new or even pretty just want some extras for plinking days. Thanks.

Cheap magazines tend to have feeding and extraction issues. I personally prefer Colt GI 7rd magazines and Wilson Combat 7rd GI and the 47 series 8rd. I've also heard that the Chip McCormick's are just as good. Don't use 8rd GI magazines, because they are highly unreliable. I had a Ruger SR1911, and the 7rd magazine worked well too.

comment,,,, if possible, take your gun to where you are purchasing mags, and ask them if you can check the magazine fit,,, many mags out there will not drop free when you hit your mag release. as the tolerances are too tight from one mag to the next, of same manufacturer .even the high end mags.... unless this is something that you can live with..I have found some that dont drop out, right out of the packaging, and gun shop was surprised, as they did not realize this.. They allowed me to hand pick the ones i wanted to buy..

I've heard Brownells and Chip McCormick Shooting Star mags are pretty good and about half the price of Wilson Combat. I only shooting Wilson Combat EMT mags in my Kimber. Flawless feeding. I got them on sale for $25 each, if I remember correctly, from their website.

Second the Colt, factory 7 round magazines. They function well in my Colt and non-Colt 1911s. I've actually had some of the more expensive Wilson and McCormick 8 round mags and ended up giving them to my sons because they didn't function reliably in my carry Colts. You can pick up the Colt factory mags on eBay for between $10-20, cheaper if you find someone with a quantity deal.

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.