Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

WTB OR Need 1911 mags

Discussion in 'Parts & Accessories Wanted' started by 1990Turbo, Feb 4, 2015.

1. 1990Turbo

1990Turbo St.Helens Active Member

Looking for around 4ish kinda cheep mags for my Kimber. I never had a 1911 before but I assume any 1911 mag should work in this? They dont need to be new or even pretty just want some extras for plinking days. Thanks.

2. solv3nt

solv3nt Portland Well-Known Member

Cheap magazines tend to have feeding and extraction issues. I personally prefer Colt GI 7rd magazines and Wilson Combat 7rd GI and the 47 series 8rd. I've also heard that the Chip McCormick's are just as good. Don't use 8rd GI magazines, because they are highly unreliable. I had a Ruger SR1911, and the 7rd magazine worked well too.

parallax likes this.
  3. parallax

parallax eugene, or-gun Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

comment,,,, if possible, take your gun to where you are purchasing mags, and ask them if you can check the magazine fit,,, many mags out there will not drop free when you hit your mag release. as the tolerances are too tight from one mag to the next, of same manufacturer .even the high end mags.... unless this is something that you can live with..I have found some that dont drop out, right out of the packaging, and gun shop was surprised, as they did not realize this.. They allowed me to hand pick the ones i wanted to buy..

4. 1990Turbo

1990Turbo St.Helens Active Member

Thanks for the info guys!

5. Gun Mechanic

Gun Mechanic Portland Active Member

I've heard Brownells and Chip McCormick Shooting Star mags are pretty good and about half the price of Wilson Combat. I only shooting Wilson Combat EMT mags in my Kimber. Flawless feeding. I got them on sale for $25 each, if I remember correctly, from their website.

6. JSJPDX

JSJPDX East Portland Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

Second the Colt, factory 7 round magazines. They function well in my Colt and non-Colt 1911s. I've actually had some of the more expensive Wilson and McCormick 8 round mags and ended up giving them to my sons because they didn't function reliably in my carry Colts. You can pick up the Colt factory mags on eBay for between $10-20, cheaper if you find someone with a quantity deal.

7. solv3nt

solv3nt Portland Well-Known Member

Colt and Wilson GI 7rd magazines are only $20.

8. marshall

marshall portland or Member

ive got some if you still need them