JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Pumped more than a few bricks of ammo through my Ruger 10/22 since 1986, easily 100,000+ rounds. Now it's tired and misfeeds about 10% no matter how clean and slick I keep it.

Advice and diagnoses abound. Suppose I could replace the innards piece by piece and hope to eliminate an undefined combination of flaws... But my repair and tune-up skills are more with used electric guitars than with semi-auto guns. I don't want to waste the summer (and money) swapping everything out and still have a sluggish 10/22.

So, who's THE EXPERT in Portland to diagnose it one time, repair it, and make my not-so-trusty plinker fresh and reliable (fun) again? Thanks for any tips.

Clean the gun good. Then look up online for a good write up on mag cleaning, or go buy a new factory mag. The after market mags have a shelf life and the factory mags need to be cleaned after time. The recoil spring next if the mag clean does not help.

John

Like mentioned above a new recoil spring is probably a good idea. I have had great results with the Tubb 2000 and Rimfire Technology spring. While you are at it, stick a Volquartsen extractor in there. Check the mouth of the chamber for any burrs as well. Working on a 10/22 is fairly simple. Check out rimfirecentral.com. There is plenty of good info on that site that will walk you through just about anything.

The rimmed chamber may be worn, new barrel $35
fireing pin, hammer spring, recoil spring and new mag maybe another $35
The skill to install said items,,,Priceless

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR