JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Pumped more than a few bricks of ammo through my Ruger 10/22 since 1986, easily 100,000+ rounds. Now it's tired and misfeeds about 10% no matter how clean and slick I keep it.

Advice and diagnoses abound. Suppose I could replace the innards piece by piece and hope to eliminate an undefined combination of flaws... But my repair and tune-up skills are more with used electric guitars than with semi-auto guns. I don't want to waste the summer (and money) swapping everything out and still have a sluggish 10/22.

So, who's THE EXPERT in Portland to diagnose it one time, repair it, and make my not-so-trusty plinker fresh and reliable (fun) again? Thanks for any tips.

Clean the gun good. Then look up online for a good write up on mag cleaning, or go buy a new factory mag. The after market mags have a shelf life and the factory mags need to be cleaned after time. The recoil spring next if the mag clean does not help.

John

Like mentioned above a new recoil spring is probably a good idea. I have had great results with the Tubb 2000 and Rimfire Technology spring. While you are at it, stick a Volquartsen extractor in there. Check the mouth of the chamber for any burrs as well. Working on a 10/22 is fairly simple. Check out rimfirecentral.com. There is plenty of good info on that site that will walk you through just about anything.

The rimmed chamber may be worn, new barrel $35
fireing pin, hammer spring, recoil spring and new mag maybe another $35
The skill to install said items,,,Priceless

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR