JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm looking to get my 10/22 takedown barrel threaded (1/2-28 x .400) in the Grants Pass/Medford area of Southern Oregon. I was looking at sending to someplace like jpgrips.com but I would prefer local for a number of reasons. A thread protector to go with it would be nice.

Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance.

One other thing, I would like to retain the iron sights so they need to be moved back.

Last Edited:
Oh boy you had to complicate it didn't you? the threads any competent machinist can do if you took off the front sights?
'i am not sure but I think you would have to make adjustments to the front sights since you will nee changing the sight raduis. You may want to talk to a gunsmith about you plans.
I would get a new barrel have it threaded and mount a scope on it.

Yeah, I can never do anything simple. I already have a Simmons 3-9x32 on it, but I would still like to be able to use the iron sights in a pinch. This guy offers the service for $135 including return shipping but that isn't a local smith and I get a little apprehensive about shipping key gun parts. Maybe I'll just go for it and send off the barrel.

Any other thoughts before going that route?

If you guys were closer to Portland, OR I'd say to contact......

Screen Name: gophishhh

He put threads on my Ruger 10/22 barrel and included a thread protector at a really good price. I don't run a can but, you could ask him about your projects.

Aloha, Mark

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top