Need 10/22 barrel threaded in Grants Pass/Medford area

s1xty7

Reactions
I'm looking to get my 10/22 takedown barrel threaded (1/2-28 x .400) in the Grants Pass/Medford area of Southern Oregon. I was looking at sending to someplace like jpgrips.com but I would prefer local for a number of reasons. A thread protector to go with it would be nice.

Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance.

One other thing, I would like to retain the iron sights so they need to be moved back.

Last edited:
Reactions
Oh boy you had to complicate it didn't you? the threads any competent machinist can do if you took off the front sights?
'i am not sure but I think you would have to make adjustments to the front sights since you will nee changing the sight raduis. You may want to talk to a gunsmith about you plans.
I would get a new barrel have it threaded and mount a scope on it.

OP
s1xty7

s1xty7

Reactions
Yeah, I can never do anything simple. I already have a Simmons 3-9x32 on it, but I would still like to be able to use the iron sights in a pinch. This guy offers the service for $135 including return shipping but that isn't a local smith and I get a little apprehensive about shipping key gun parts. Maybe I'll just go for it and send off the barrel.

Any other thoughts before going that route?

ma96782

Reactions
If you guys were closer to Portland, OR I'd say to contact......

Screen Name: gophishhh

He put threads on my Ruger 10/22 barrel and included a thread protector at a really good price. I don't run a can but, you could ask him about your projects.

Aloha, Mark

UPCOMING EVENTS

Cerberus Training Group - Skill Builder - Pistol/Rifle Combo
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Skill Builder - Pistol/Rifle Combo
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• J&B Firearm Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    Good local shop
    Picked up a rifle yesterday from J&B. This was the second or third gun purchase over the last few years from them. I always enjoy stopping by...
  • H&K Gun Shop
    5.00 star(s)
    The only place I have found 9mm in stock
    I’ll admit I didn’t even know this place existed, as I don’t tend to go into Forest Grove often. But it’s a giant (looks bigger from the...
  • Revelation Arms
    4.00 star(s)
    Depends who answers the phone
    I was given the number to Roger Loock by Beaver Creek Armory, as I needed parts I had ordered from MCarbo installed on a Kel-Tec Sub2000. On my...
  • Coastal Farm & Ranch - Cornelius
    3.00 star(s)
    Lesson learned
    I’ll take some responsibility here, as I took the employee at their word instead of doing a thorough inspection. Short story is that I asked for a...
  • MK Tactical
    5.00 star(s)
    Good guys!
    I stop in here every once in a while to see what Michael has in the clearance section, and to ask questions when I have a project in mind...
Top Bottom