Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Need 10/22 barrel threaded in Grants Pass/Medford area

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Gunsmithing' started by s1xty7, Jan 13, 2013.

1. s1xty7

s1xty7 Southern Oregon New Member

I'm looking to get my 10/22 takedown barrel threaded (1/2-28 x .400) in the Grants Pass/Medford area of Southern Oregon. I was looking at sending to someplace like jpgrips.com but I would prefer local for a number of reasons. A thread protector to go with it would be nice.

Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance.

One other thing, I would like to retain the iron sights so they need to be moved back.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2013
  2. MarkAd

MarkAd Port Orchard Well-Known Member

Oh boy you had to complicate it didn't you? the threads any competent machinist can do if you took off the front sights?
    'i am not sure but I think you would have to make adjustments to the front sights since you will nee changing the sight raduis. You may want to talk to a gunsmith about you plans.
    I would get a new barrel have it threaded and mount a scope on it.

3. s1xty7

s1xty7 Southern Oregon New Member

Yeah, I can never do anything simple. I already have a Simmons 3-9x32 on it, but I would still like to be able to use the iron sights in a pinch. This guy offers the service for $135 including return shipping but that isn't a local smith and I get a little apprehensive about shipping key gun parts. Maybe I'll just go for it and send off the barrel.

Any other thoughts before going that route?

4. Benny503

Benny503 Grants Pass Well-Known Member

You are reading my mind :) I am looking for the same information. If you know anyone doing this please let me know.

5. Torqk911

Torqk911 Yacolt,Wa Member

Go into Doc Hollidays they can help you most likely

6. ma96782

ma96782 Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

If you guys were closer to Portland, OR I'd say to contact......

Screen Name: gophishhh

He put threads on my Ruger 10/22 barrel and included a thread protector at a really good price. I don't run a can but, you could ask him about your projects.

Aloha, Mark