JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey everyone, new to this forum. I have been looking for .410 shells since my son got one last year and haven't been able to buy a single box over the last year. We've been getting by borrowing from friends and family, but he's really wanting to waterfowl hunt this year and just got done with a dove hunt and he's hooked. So i figured if I can't buy the shells I need to start reloading. Now looking into it I see it's still going to be difficult to find the components to reload, eapecially because we're in California and everything has to be non toxic. So I'm reaching out for a little help. I've looked high and low for hulls, and the tps wads that (from my research) you need in order to load non tox. I've been able to get primers powder and I think the shot is relatively available. If anyone can help me out or point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it. Looking to get a couple hundred rounds done before duck season at least because this kid isn't afraid to pull the trigger.

How old is your son?

I ask because......my son started with a single shot .410 ga. BUT......ammo was expensive. As soon as I could I got him into a 12 ga.

Rrrrright.....
Ammo was cheaper and readily available.

Aloha, Mark

PS.....Or, learn to reload those empty hulls. For the longest time, I searched for cheap reloading tools for a .410 ga. But gave up. BTW.....if you are really into it, there are "alternative" YouTube videos on the subject of : How do do shotshell reloading with simple home tools.

Last Edited:
Yeah Deffinitely looked into the 28, called around and only one anybody had near me that may fit him was 1200. Thanks longwalk, but we can only hunt with the non tox here in California. I suppose I could buy that and let him shoot it so we had empty's to reload but that doesn't seem ideal. Yea the guys pretty little so I think we'll be in the .410 for about another year is all…but then he's got a little brother

I'll second BPI. If you call they have been friendly and helpful. And have most everything you need to build good loads.
I did not have good results reloading the 410 [I could not make the tiny little crimps] but did buy new hulls from BPI that loaded well. It is not a cheap way to go! But it made good dependable ammo till my boys got bigger.
As soon as they could hold up the added weight they moved on to a 20 ga. DR

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top