JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Are these 'transfers' abiding by state/federal law? RCW 9.41.113
I guess a revolver isn't a pistol? Yes? no?

Amazingly enough, some dumbass 'owners' traded some high dollar weapons for cents on the dollar vs selling them thru legitimate means!
This goes to show there's no cure for stupid!
Every time they show pictures of one of these deals I seldom see anything that has to look of real value. No doubt a few fools do turn in something they could have taken to a shop and just sold for more but, almost all I see in the pictures of these things looks like junk.

I have a few myself, that I'd like to let them "buy back". None of you all would care to shell out a couple hundred bucks for anything I'd take to a "buy back"; it's just junk that nobody would feel sad seeing it scrapped. :)

I have a few myself, that I'd like to let them "buy back". None of you all would care to shell out a couple hundred bucks for anything I'd take to a "buy back"; it's just junk that nobody would feel sad seeing it scrapped. :)
Sadly don't have them any more but years ago I have had a few REALLY cheap pistols I would have been glad to offload there. Had a couple Jennings and Davis pistols that I kept for years. Used to live in a state that it was legal to keep a gun in the glove box but no CC. So I had a couple ultra cheap for this with the idea if they ever got stolen WTF cares. I sold them off when I moved back up here and we still could sell. If those were still knocking around in the safe I would be taking them to one of these buys.

Aside from the cops not liking competition, I believe it's true that most WA transfers must use an FFL, yes?

FFLs are restricted to doing business at the address on their license; you'd have to persuade the gun-dropper to follow you to a convenient FFL.
Nope, not true. As a 01 FFL, I can buy a gun anywhere. The transaction doesn't have to be done at my place of business. If I sell or transfer a gun to someone, it HAS to be done at my place of business or sanctioned gun show.

So far as I have heard, there are very few takers for that course of action at these silly 'buy back' events.

Nope, not true. As a 01 FFL, I can buy a gun anywhere. The transaction doesn't have to be done at my place of business. If I sell or transfer a gun to someone, it HAS to be done at my place of business or sanctioned gun show.
Now that would be kind of fun to watch. Maybe couple or more FFL's set up in sight of one of these things with huge sign. Come to us first and we will see if we can make you am offer on anything you are going to turn in. I suspect the local authorities would find or at least try to find some way to shut it down. :D

Now that would be kind of fun to watch. Maybe couple or more FFL's set up in sight of one of these things with huge sign. Come to us first and we will see if we can make you am offer on anything you are going to turn in. I suspect the local authorities would find or at least try to find some way to shut it down. :D
Part of me wonders just how many firearms that got turned in are actually stolen and the no questions asked policy is just a good way to dump evidence?

Part of me wonders just how many firearms that got turned in are actually stolen and the no questions asked policy is just a good way to dump evidence?
No doubt some of them would come back as stolen if they checked them. That of course would be the downside to an FFL trying to buy at these. If they got ID from sellers a LOT of them would not sell. Then the FFL would have to run each gun and no doubt some would come back hot and they would be out the cash. Still be funny to watch the left with hair on fire when some did this at one of these buy backs.

I wonder if one could put a sign out saying the buyback is being filmed by law enforcement. I don't know the exact wording but it might cause doubt.

Stick to your day job, you're obviously not a criminal mastermind.

These programs are implemented locally with the support of law enforcement and can rely on a combination of public and private funding (e.g., McGuire et al., 2011). In addition to monetary compensation (often in the form of gift cards), buybacks provide participants with assurances that they will not be asked about their identity nor how they acquired the firearm.

These programs are implemented locally with the support of law enforcement and can rely on a combination of public and private funding (e.g., McGuire et al., 2011). In addition to monetary compensation (often in the form of gift cards), buybacks provide participants with assurances that they will not be asked about their identity nor how they acquired the firearm.
You think if I dropped a crowbar, covered in dried blood and bits of skull , in one of those plastic totes the cops wouldn't at least write down my license plate?

You think if I dropped a crowbar, covered in dried blood and bits of skull , in one of those plastic totes the cops wouldn't at least write down my license plate?
I think if your stupid enough to do that you deserve what you get. You do realize we are talking about gun buy backs not blunt devices. However I bet a pistol that had been used in a crime you could easily get rid of it and get money to go to a good lunch

I think if your stupid enough to do that you deserve what you get. You do realize we are talking about gun buy backs not blunt devices. However I bet a pistol that had been used in a crime you could easily get rid of it and get money to go to a good lunch
Dude . Cops are always cops. They're as full of sh!t as anyone else in such a grimy world. They know the " players " in the area, and ain't no way they're going to turn down a free lead. This is definitely a purely academic debate. Because no criminal that has a shooting in his past gives a rats azz about some hunnit dolla Walmart card.

These buybacks are purely for show , everyone involved knows that.
Blablabla numbers, Blablabla photo op , Blablabla feel good story. #doingsomething #publicisnowsafer
#gunsblablablastreet

Dude . Cops are always cops. They're as full of sh!t as anyone else in such a grimy world. They know the " players " in the area, and ain't no way they're going to turn down a free lead. This is definitely a purely academic debate. Because no criminal that has a shooting in his past gives a rats azz about some hunnit dolla Walmart card.

These buybacks are purely for show , everyone involved knows that.
Blablabla numbers, Blablabla photo op , Blablabla feel good story. #doingsomething #publicisnowsafer
#gunsblablablastreet
You dont know that for fact it is at best a guess on your part. I bet if it was ever researched alot of illegal guns go through those buy backs. Prove me wrong

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top