JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have several children, and have felt a lot safer as each reaches the age that he/she is comfortable and safe with their own weapon in their room.
While I don't minimize the danger of a home invasion, I kind of grin imagining the thoughts in some bad guy's head as he realizes that everyone, even the kids, are holding weapons with a fierce determination.
The kids are taught that we're a team, and that there are worse things than dying.

Stories like this make it clear that it can happen to anyone, and at any time- it's tough to be prepared if you don't prepare.
Thanks a lot for sharing the story, and I hope the experience has made you the "hard target" that all good humans should be.

I forgot to mention a handy little gadget that has been great for us.
We live down a long driveway and would occasionally not notice a quiet car coming up the driveway.
I bought a set of the little doo-dads that send a radio signal into the house to alert to a car (or dog or deer or person) walking up the driveway.

But who wants a bright white security device that turns on a red LED when it is triggered? Gah.

I spread some newspaper on the work bench, taped over the screws, LED, end battery compartment, then sprayed it flat black, lightly. An hour later I shot it with spotty forest green, and the next day mounted it up in some vines in our driveway.

The only annoyances are the dog and the deer. We've been teaching the dog to stay away from it, but those deer are incorrigible.

Well leave it to the new guy with only a few posts to mention this. It is nice to know your whole security system. Now all someone has to do is fish through all your posts and find out where you live. I would think twice before telling all your secrets on a online forum.
I had a buddy that found out everything another guy had because he posted everything on a forum, and all the research was done from seeing a bumper sticker On the guys truck.

Well leave it to the new guy with only a few posts to mention this. It is nice to know your whole security system. Now all someone has to do is fish through all your posts and find out where you live. I would think twice before telling all your secrets on a online forum.
I had a buddy that found out everything another guy had because he posted everything on a forum, and all the research was done from seeing a bumper sticker On the guys truck.

How do you know I listed everything? :) P.S. I didnt, just some things for people to consider. But if someone reads this post wants to try to figure out where I live and decides I'm an easier target than my neighbor feel free to come visit.

Among all the detecting activities, gold detecting is the most interesting one. It can not only relax both our mind and body, but also give us a big fortune if we are lucky enough. Next time when you feel bored, you can pick up a gold metal detector and have a try.

First post here and you're peddling what is likely your product or services? Thanks, but no thanks...

Peter

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top