JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Bigger, Badder NDAA 2014 Quietly Passed the House and Senate - and It Is On the Way to Obama's Desk | The Daily Sheeple

While everyone is distracted with the holiday festivities, Congress has been hard at work, screwing us over in the name of national security.

Yesterday the 2014 National Defense Authorization Act was fast-tracked through the Senate, with no time for discussion or amendments. And you know, its Christmastime, so they just passed it so that they could recess for the holidays. The new version of the NDAA has already been quietly passed by the House of Representatives.

It authorizes massive spending, including $527 billion in base defense spending for the current fiscal year, funding for the war in Afghanistan, and funding for nuclear weapons programs.

The indefinite detention allowed by the original NDAA is still here, and it's actually worse now, because there are provisions that will make it easier for the government to target those who disagree. Section 1071 outlines the creation of the "Conflict Records Research Center", where the unconstitutionally obtained information that the NSA has collected is compiled and shared with the Department of Defense.

The information, called in the wording "captured records," can be anything from your phone records, emails, browsing history or posts on social media sites.

So somewhat interestingly, I remember not too long ago there was a post somewhere regarding the NSA wasting government resources to store pictures of a certain person's penis. Specifically, that person was sending pictures of his junk via e-mail and social media repeatedly multiple times of day with a text introduction that indicated it was a weapon of mass destruction, and using a bit-flipper software it would randomly change the value of a pixel in the image to prevent MD5 hashing from identifying it as the "same" as a previously recorded image.

He calculated, that at present rate, photos of his junk would cost the NSA about $3/day with a geometrically expanding cost for new hard drives and back-up storage, energy, air conditioning, and computational resources.

However, as Bert points out, the "captured records" segment of the new law seems to have utility beyond what most would assume. A captured record can come from anywhere. Thus it seems necessary for the public at large to create records that are worth capturing. Specifically records that implicate a conspiratorial connection between ourselves and our elected representatives, law enforcement, government, and known intelligence assets.

It is important to note that with every over-step of their constitutional role, government becomes less efficient, because they have no work-product that is of value outside the government. Unlike private industry, there is no economy of scale as government grows larger. The collapse of big government will happen because big government isn't sustainable, just like the population of wildlife, it will not maintain a stable equilibrium without a dominant predator.

An unlimited budget for militarized police and their toys, hundreds of foreign bases, missile deployments all over Europe (hello Cold War restart), cages/camps, all while we already have the world's worst financial statement and debt .... you name it .... while 21 million children in American will go hungry this Wednesday.

This is supposed to be the greatest nation on Earth? An alien up above in it shiny spacecraft would say 'WTF, these idiots have very low standards or are completely deluded."

http://www.2late4timeout.com/21-million-kids-may-go-hungry-this-christmas/

An unlimited budget for militarized police and their toys, hundreds of foreign bases, missile deployments all over Europe (hello Cold War restart), cages/camps, all while we already have the world's worst financial statement and debt .... you name it .... while 21 million children in American will go hungry this Wednesday.

This is supposed to be the greatest nation on Earth? An alien up above in it shiny spacecraft would say 'WTF, these idiots have very low standards or are completely deluded."

That tells me that there are 42 million adults that have some SERIOUS 'splain'in to do.

I hate to say it man, but you have you checked out the rest of the world lately?

Could the US be better? Yea, totally could. But even just to our south in mexico people are being massacred by drug gangs long before the militarized police (federales) get them. And that's a cake walk compared to central africa at the moment, it's rwanda all over again.

But the grand leader is taking a 3 million $ Christmas vacation......

You know, my blood pressure drops every time he goes on vacation, because it's kinda hard to f@ck up when you're not there. So at least we can count on inaction rather than wrong-action.

AMProducts - just give it time. There is a reason that more Mexicans are returning to Mexico now than are staying here. A fact the MSM will never mention. That Expatriots are bailing at record rates.

It is 2014 and I must say I am a little surprised that 'all is well' (sort of). Ten years ago I would have thought I'd be clubbing a rat for dinner by now. But it appears the planners are satisfied with the boiling frog, and for that I am grateful.

We are being slowly robbed of our individualism and whatever standard of living most of us once enjoyed as opposed to outright decimation. Happy 2014!

AMProducts - just give it time. There is a reason that more Mexicans are returning to Mexico now than are staying here. A fact the MSM will never mention. That Expatriots are bailing at record rates.

It is 2014 and I must say I am a little surprised that 'all is well' (sort of). Ten years ago I would have thought I'd be clubbing a rat for dinner by now. But it appears the planners are satisfied with the boiling frog, and for that I am grateful.

We are being slowly robbed of our individualism and whatever standard of living most of us once enjoyed as opposed to outright decimation. Happy 2014!

I don't disagree Burt, however this is the best country on the planet and I keep hoping that the masses will wake up and finally stomp the life out of these people who don't get how good they really have it. It could be worse. :pound:

That is right. I would like anyone to please name me One Person in all of Congress or in this current Presidents administration that would be considered a person who is really fighting for the rights and freedoms of the American citizens. Just one, I am waiting....

I don't disagree Burt, however this is the best country on the planet and I keep hoping that the masses will wake up and finally stomp the life out of these people who don't get how good they really have it. It could be worse. :pound:

Hate to break it to you, but the decline will just continue. It has been planned for decades and unfortunately the American lower and middle class are sitting ducks in every way.

It doesn't mean we cannot enjoy what is left with the remaining time however.

As for Congress - oh please - they are paid off multi-millionaires just like the head puppet. All a stage show only. Useless. Pay the national politicians no notice, no respect, no hope. Voting is for suckers as it is a 100% rigged game. All of them are there for the interests of the corporate and banking elite only. Hand SELECTED, not elected. Not one honest man among them.

I gotta keep workin on the, Glass Half Full, until they're at my door. I'm to old to change much and I understand about it really going downhill in a hurry, maybe sooner than later but I'd prefer to believe it can be repaired and until the s--t hits the fan, I'm gonna enjoy the crap out of the (remaining time) and work to fix this mess through our system until it's beyond repair, which it may already be at. We'll see !!!

And I will be voting, sucker or not. No offense taken Burt, LOL

Arizona Passes Anti-NDAA Bill to Nullify Indefinite Detention | The Daily Sheeple

41slinger - I agree this Titanic is going down so why not enjoy our last remaining 'free' days on the planet while we still can. Nothing can be done at this point to stop the collapse.

Tyranny and economic implosion will go hand in hand, globally, but the worst of it will be here. I give us another 10-15 years at the very most before the all individual 'rights' are gone and we are all living under the weapons and power of our masters.

Last edited by a moderator:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads