JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
While not 100% , I think Royd is battling Cancer and has been for some time ( owner GB ) Both the Woodburn ( AMMO DEPOT HA HA HA ) and the Tigard location have now closed . I always preferred the old 82nd store anyway compared to Tigard atmosphere . Lower prices with less muzzle sweeps ( OR SHOTS FIRED )
As a side note.......any one remember when Royd had the ( live fire ) simulator trailer back in late 90's ? I ponied up the bucks more than once to shoot the bad guys in the semi-trailer . Best wishes to Royd and his staff .

Not Royd, but a family member has the cancer.:(
The Clac location is much different as of late.:):)

It is worth the trip if you haven't been there in a while.

The Times that we are currently in have played a huge role in the recent transitions.

I try to go there every day, :)
but sometimes I fail.:(

And yes I shot in the trailer.
Great idear,
simple PC related logistics gave it the Kybosch

Last Edited:
I have not walked into there in a long time but put a gun on layaway and then found it for a better price elsewhere. So the store still has a 300 dollar credit for me. AD, ND, Either way they damn well better honor my credit at the clackamas store.
Then I will run out so nobody accidentally shoots me. I knew I did not care much for the place for a reason. Seriously no matter the argument about malfunctions if you are a gun store clerk you damn well check the chamber before you pull the trigger. WTF is up with not making sure you watch as you close the action?

I get that crap happens but with a pump gun it is no harder to make sure it is clear than anything else. Otherwise I would be scared of all my shotguns and my pump .22. None of which have been loaded without me noticing long before putting my finger on the trigger. "it happens to everyone" is excusing yourself for it happening. Maybe yours was truly an accident but I would guess some human error takes place in most AD.

Something abt not walking a mile in someone else's moccasins,
methinks.

If you have some paperwork for your credit that you laid away,

go venture forward in life to the Clacamas store and see what happens.

If no paperwork,
go anyway.

Something abt not walking a mile in someone else's moccasins,
methinks.

If you have some paperwork for your credit that you laid away,

go venture forward in life to the Clacamas store and see what happens.

If no paperwork,
go anyway.
Knock it off with your silly "making sense". The store used to have a large selection and was close to my house. Close enough to just walk in and look around.
Clackamas is a pain. Just another good store gone...When I say good store I mean Steve. Some of the others I just avoided.

Aw, C'mon. I try.;)

[edit]
Sorry you live on THAT side of the river......
[wink smiley here]

Seriously though,
the last 22 yrs of my life have involved going to the Clac store a lot.

A LOT.:):):)

And whenever I could,
I'd go to the Tigard store.

So close to King City,
and all the Kool Kid stuff that came from the WarII vets there.:)

And Steve did well.:):)

He was always open and together and friendly.

I watched him handle a situation where dude #1 was in the store,
[note I don't use the term 'customer]

nobody else 'cept me,

and Duder #2 comes in w/ an M14 clone.
He wants to sell.

I drool a bit because it had 'That Look' to it.

Well, it was an Armscorps Rcvr,
early enough to be a good one,
It was all USGI Top Shelf parts GRADE A.......

but...., [face slap smiley here]...........

Steve told the guy that Armscorp didn't have a good rep and that the best he could do was $XYZ....

a low figure.o_O

NOTE:
Steve was NOT trying to lowball the seller,
Just looking out for the best interests of the store.

I would have jumped all over it but just stood by,

and watched...

So Not-Kool Kid guy #1 is standing next to the seller and says:
Well I'll give you $XYZ plus a [hand job/ farthing more] and the deal gets consummated right there on the spot.:mad:

Steve was very Professional abt what had just happened.

I, on the other had was Livid and ready to......:s0003:

Steve told the fk tard that what HE had just done was not only something that could jeopardize the GB's License,
but was highly NOT KOOL...
[Steve did better with the words.;)]

Of course I followed them out into the parking lot,
and
Oh Well,
that guy sold his $1500,00 rifle for abt $400.00

Looking back,
I wish we had established hand signals for just such an occasion.

So,
Welcome to the Current times,

and consider taking a drive to Ye Olde Gun Broker at Clacamas on the Rhine,

Or on Avon.................:s0104:

Plenty of Local IPAs nearby as well.

Stopped in today as I saw guys moving shelves out. Royd's wife was there.

She told me that Royd's sister (who helped run the Woodburn store) has terminal cancer, thus why Woodburn was closed, and with that, plus the impending opening of Cabela's in two weeks - they made the decision to consolidate their remaining stores and refocus the business on just the Clackamas location. With that she told me they're changing their hours of operation (with the implication they'd be open more.)

She also told me that Steve hasn't worked for them since February - I have been in there since then, always looking to deal with him (since the other counter help, save for Steve's daughter, were typically worthless) - was told on a couple occasions he had the day off. Guess being honest and saying someone doesn't work there anymore isn't kosher...

I'm sad to see GB Tigard closing. I bought my first gun from them. I have probably purchased 70+% of the guns I've owned from them. The customer service of the last few years drove me to look elsewhere - but I was willing to give them another chance. I'll stop in to Clackamas when I'm out that way - but it's really hard to justify the drive. We've got some good shops left on the west side - Oregon Arms and Ammunition in Hillsboro has a pretty good selection of lowers/uppers and AR stuff, and Warsaw Arms in Forest Grove can get just about anything you want within a day or two.

I'm sorry to see GB Tigard go away, and I hope any displaced workers can find new jobs (though some need to reconsider anything "customer service" related.)

The one real cool thing about our GB is that they'll buy back the used gun that they sold you for like 90% (I actually don't know/forget but it's very honorable and considerable) within thirty days for whatever reason.
Most all other shops are like a pawn shop.. probably twenty cents on the dollar.

Really? Perhaps grow a set of nuts and or realize reality.. code for I've seen, firsthand, way more ND's in large general market stores than "gun" stores.

As I said in my other post I am mostly just ranting because a store I have been at a lot since I moved here is gone.
No matter the AD or ND I am sure they handled that. I was being sarcastic about being shot there as I have spent more there than most average customers and they are pretty safe as far as I have seen the dozens of times I walked in. Just a pain in the bubblegum to drive to Clackamas for what was a easy place to stop and find a good gun I did not need right by my house.
Maybe in the end it will just save me money. Either way I do stand by not liking the place aside from Steve for customer service and shelves of good deals but would never have worried after it already happened once. I have no doubt they jumped all over safety procedures after that.
I think Jay was in charge at the end and he could be grumpy but knew his guns. Just seemed like he did not want to be there most the time. I am sure he jumped on a employee discharge since he is all over checking my guns chamber even when I am trying out one of his guns in a holster. He was pretty paranoid about it.

oof. what an odd way/thread to pass this information on though.

The review threads for specific merchants appear locked and this thread was at least in my personal memory.

I am sad to see any gun store not succeed. I had seen the service and selection in GB-Tigard vary over the years it was in operation, but they were still able to sell me stuff at various times.

The review threads for specific merchants appear locked and this thread was at least in my personal memory.

I am sad to see any gun store not succeed. I had seen the service and selection in GB-Tigard vary over the years it was in operation, but they were still able to sell me stuff at various times.
I hear you.. kinda.
To my mind it would have been more straightforward/simple/effective to just create a new thread about the business closing.

The event that took place can be placed into a box labeled
"Shyte Happens",
and yes, there be gravity to this.....,
BUT.... IT happens everyday,
and there is another box called Accident/s /ly......

It is so easy to be critical of something like this,
and be the armchair quarterback.

Nuff said.

I for one have never had anything like this happen to me,
but then I can just as easily place myself in another box labeled

"POIFECT"

:s0004:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR