Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

NCstar tactical scope help

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by sowatnao, Jun 27, 2011.

1. sowatnao

sowatnao seattle Member

so i went to the gunshow in puyallup over the weekends and bought some stuff. one of them's the NC star mark iii tactical scope/red dot (the 3-9x scope with the additional red dot sight)

it seems like the knob for illumination is really hard to turn, my inger tip hurts just trying to turn it. How do i adjust the tightness/looseness of it so it's easier to turn? i cant seem to figure it out. the manual does not mention anything about it either.

no brand bashing!

2. the4thshake

the4thshake Portland Active Member

BFH

3. darkminstrel

darkminstrel PDX Well-Known Member

I have no direct experience with that scope, but I do like NCStar for their red-dot products(great on my sub-.308 rifles, not so hot when they have to take 30 cal punishment). If there is a screwdriver notch just carefully work it a bit untill the tightness works out a bit. These aren't quality scopes so the fit and finish won't be very good, thus the tightness.

4. MarkAd

MarkAd Port Orchard Well-Known Member

Next trip to WAC stop and talk to Darrell at the airgun table. He seems to know what he is talking about.

5. Skang

Skang WA Well-Known Member

I don't think you can't adjust the tension. it's just how they are made. (Cheap) :)

sorry to hear that.

6. sowatnao

sowatnao seattle Member

cheap?!?!?!? i paid like 100 something odd dollars for it! that aint so cheap for me -_-"
    but i gave up on it. its not like coloured crosshairs are useful during the day...