JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Years ago a neighbor of mine told me about seeing a bobcat. His family had used a gully behind the house to dump trash for generations, and one day he took a load on his three-wheeler to toss on the pile. After throwing it, he looked up and on the other side of the gully, about 50 feet away, was a large bobcat sitting there looking at him. They watched each other for a few minutes, and he finally got bored and thought he would spook the cat. He threw his arms up, lunged forward toward the cat, and yelled at the top of his lungs. The cat leaned forward and prepared to spring. My neighbor jumped on his ride and got out of there fast!

Years ago a neighbor of mine told me about seeing a bobcat. His family had used a gully behind the house to dump trash for generations, and one day he took a load on his three-wheeler to toss on the pile. After throwing it, he looked up and on the other side of the gully, about 50 feet away, was a large bobcat sitting there looking at him. They watched each other for a few minutes, and he finally got bored and thought he would spook the cat. He threw his arms up, lunged forward toward the cat, and yelled at the top of his lungs. The cat leaned forward and prepared to spring. My neighbor jumped on his ride and got out of there fast!

Bobcats are notoriously feisty ya'll!!!

I'm surprised he didn't tear the tire/bumper off your car!!

It was a very young small one - I could not find any damage to the car. But the bobcat was certainly damaged. It ran across the road - all I saw was a fast blur run out of the orchard and felt a thump, so I stopped and turned around to see what I had hit. I thought it was a domestic cat at first.

It was a very young small one - I could not find any damage to the car. But the bobcat was certainly damaged. It ran across the road - all I saw was a fast blur run out of the orchard and felt a thump, so I stopped and turned around to see what I had hit. I thought it was a domestic cat at first.

I HATE hitting critters on the road. I'll stop and put cats or deer out of their misery, maybe take a dog to the vet, but the myriads of ground squirrels and wabbits are just out of luck. I never swerve either... was totally pissed when the ex wrecked our new VW Wabbit PU to miss a flying duck.

So you're saying you're the NWFA version of herpes? :D
1618941856197.png

2:17 video and no shooting. Sad day.:(:(
Agreed. I did wonder if anyone would notice that I wrote that lead sentence "MSM-style", putting the provocative bit up front . . . even if it never shows in the video.

Standby for more on this story, such as MSM reporting of PETA reaction to mistreatment of that sick & helpless animal, police "excessive force" against a cat that no longer posed a threat, insensitivity to that cat's deprived early life, and reckless civilian use of a firearm within x feet of - take your pick - a school, church, daycare center, or Walmart.

Last Edited:
I HATE hitting critters on the road. I'll stop and put cats or deer out of their misery, maybe take a dog to the vet, but the myriads of ground squirrels and wabbits are just out of luck. I never swerve either... was totally pissed when the ex wrecked our new VW Wabbit PU to miss a flying duck.

This was a first for me (not counting squirrels and birds). I still remember when I was about 5 years old and my dad hit a dog near Cedar Hills. We stopped. Could not find the owner. Dad borrowed a shotgun from somebody and put it out of its misery - today he wouldn't be able to do that.

I like animals and such, and I don't kill them without reason, but I grew up on a farm and I have hunted. Today people would think me cruel for shooting an injured animal when I could instead spend thousands of dollars taking it to a vet where it would either die anyway or at least be crippled for the rest of its life.

Rabies is one of the less obvious but good reasons for carrying a firearm. All mammals may get and carry rabies. However, the most common carriers in USA are bats, raccoons, and skunks.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top