JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You know whatching the previews, hunger games is the 1st thing that popped into my head seeing the young girl with crossbow...

I DVR'd it will whatch tonight

Okay, I can suspend reality long enough to accept that electricity is no longer available but what happened to all of the guns? Last I saw guns were mechanical and chemical. Why do they revert to swords and bows?

(BTW didn't watch the show, just going off of what I've seen in the previews)

My guess is because it is based 15 year past the electricity going out event and ammo/gun powder is pretty scarce. You do see a few black powder guns, flint locks and one guy had a Desert Eagle.

All in all the show is pretty campy but much isn't on TV these days.

I'd still go with the theory that guns were written out of the show. I just started watching The Walking Dead on Netflix after previously watching Jericho. Guns in both shows are nominally bolt action hunting rifles with wood stocks and shotguns. No one has an AK, an AR, or even an SKS etc. Very few handguns of any type.

Keith

At least Falling Skies is more gun happy. Everyone on that show is constantly carrying a rifle or has one propped up next to them; usually an AK. Even the little kids.

You never know when a Skitter might pop up.

Hunger Games influence is there but more like The Postman with the militia and branding. Swords because they are so much cooler a la Spartacus and Game of Thrones. Its Hollywood anti-gun and military ignorance but I will watch it for fun and the Life After People scenery. At least they are more honest about taxation in this show... :)

The premise is silly and is like an old Star Trek Deep Space Nine episode which was probably copied from some other sci fi story. I'll start caching ammo and guns tomorrow just in case...

I've never seen an arrow throw a person through the air.
This show is horrible on a new level.

revolution.gif

This show is a total flop. Even if you go with the pretense of no electrical power can be generated, the industrial age was powered by steam. I want the of my life back that I spent watching this stupid show.

I thought it was okay until the woman with one of the "secret pendents" logged on to her computer at the end of the episode. That kind of cheeziness is what turned me off from "Lost" at the end of the first season.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top