Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

NBA Star Gilbert Arenas Charged With Felony Gun Possession

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by CharlesAFerg, Jan 14, 2010.

1. CharlesAFerg

CharlesAFerg Beaverton Active Member

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,583068,00.html

Arenas has said he kept multiple guns in his locker at the Verizon Center. He claims he wanted to keep them away from his children and didn't know it was illegal.

Duhhh...
    "I'm president Charley!"
    (...Video reference.)

2. PfcSalt

PfcSalt Oregon New Member

They can't charge him with felony stupidity, for which there is no defense.

3. glockguy

glockguy Albany Oregon Well-Known Member

Uhh its Called buy a safe... your Rich you can afford a nice one

4. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Portland, OR Member

First of all, he already has a gun conviction from 2004. So I'm sure he has an idea of legalities or should know to check on that kind of thing. Particularly since its no secret that gun laws in DC are very strict.

Secondly, the league even puts extra awareness on this with players. The NBA does not hide the fact that they forbid firearms in the facilities or any other ''work place'' associated with the NBA.

He messed up big time and the big key here is that he is charged with a felony and not a misdemeanor which means voiding his contract is going to be a whole lot easier than the Wizzards may have initially thought.

I like Gilbert Arenas, I think his candidness is great and he is a **** of a basketball player, but he really messed up big time on this one.