JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just searching for veracity, really. If you define patriotism as blind allegiance or feel you can only be a patriot if you wear a certain patch on your uniform or a flag pin on your lapel, I think you may need to reflect on what the word really means.

As the story unfolds, news outlets should be pursuing the following points:

Is the email above real?
If it is real, what is the official explanation?

Or should we all sit back and shout the ubiquitous "Thanks, Obama!"?

Have you ever served in the military ?

I would be willing to say likely not your to left to be a patriot

Horsepuckey

If the
seals are the only ones to wear a certain identifier, then they are outing themselves and it would be a security issue for them.

If you have to wear something to be a patriot, you are being chastised by fools.

I guess you have to have served in the United States Navy to really understand what the Don't Tread On Me jack means to us. It is a symbol going back almost 240 years. It flew on our earliest warships in the days of iron men and wooden ships. In the early years when a fledgeling country with a handful of frigates stood broadside to broadside with the world's most powerful sea power and not only beat them over and over but resoundingly, not only with superior ships, gunnery but with superior morale and will to fight. In one symbol it embodies all of our proud Naval traditions, the paraphrases of John Paul Jones' "Give me a fast ship for I intend to go in harm's way!", or "I have just begun to fight." Admiral Farragut's "Damn the torpedoes, Full Speed Ahead!"
Admiral Dewey's quiet, yet powerful order at Manila Bay from the bridge of the USS Olympia...."You may fire when ready, Gridley."
Sailors and officers for 230 odd years have looked at that jack and thought, We won't give up the ship, we'll fight as long as we are afloat.... In one ancient symbol it warns friend and foe alike: Do NOT FU*K with the United States Navy! Retired SEAL Higbie is correct. It is a pointed dig at the USN, the war fighters and all patriotic Americans by an administration that has no respect for the men and women who serve, past, present or future. And no understanding of the power of tradition and love of country.

Brutus Out

Damn Brutus, you almost make me wish I had been a squid instead of a grunt. Very well said.

"Don't Tread on Me" is a patriot, anti-tyranny/gov abuse slogan so it really is ironic that it is worn by a gov soldier or agent. Surprised more don't see WHY gov doesn't want soldiers wearing it. Like someone working for the NSA but wearing a Snowden is a Hero patch.

But Snowden is a hero by definition of hero. The Seals are servants to the administration in power and follow orders without thought. Even though the Seals are lean mean fighting machines they will comply with out a whimper.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top