JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Anyone notice the very first one? Because my top ten includes shoot, shoot some more, and shoot them to the ground.

Stop worrying about what the sheep think of us and our "antiquated" notion of how we should defend ourselves. Lions don't care what the opinions of the sheep are. Carry everywhere.

IGNORE THE SIGN.....

Good article; any proactive measures taken towards self defense are better than doing nothing....

I would add two underscores...

1. Take the initiative away from the attacker; do something and do it fast.

2. Think outside the box; the Lubby's killing in Killeen Texas; the killer drove his truck into the restaurant. The truck came to a halt on top of one of the victims.....

Last Edited:
Wow, the same steps a particular academy I'm aware of teaches and practices in their simulated village! But because this is coming from a Navy SEAL just maybe the message will stick better with some folks. Carry concealed, practice situational awareness, ID and seek cover (which BTW is not a natural behavior and difficult for people to learn), learn to move: move 'n shoot while getting good hits on moving threats with innocent bystanders in the vicinity, move and reload, move and clear malfunctions, move and keep one's eyes on the threat and threat area and work as a team etc. Whew! Yes, I know I just used too many conjunctions!

And when this particular organization suggests one ought to carry an IBD and/or tourniquet as part of their daily load-out people look at them like their from outer space - yet during the Boston bombing people were making improvised tourniquets/IBDs out of belts, jackets, and whatever they could find because for most it is not standard kit - yet ironically all of us bleed. Go figure. Hopefully this article is targeted to folks who might listen to this SEAL - God bless him!

Wow, the same steps a particular academy I'm aware of teaches and practices in their simulated village! But because this is coming from a Navy SEAL just maybe the message will stick better with some folks. Carry concealed, practice situational awareness, ID and seek cover (which BTW is not a natural behavior and difficult for people to learn), learn to move: move 'n shoot while getting good hits on moving threats with innocent bystanders in the vicinity, move and reload, move and clear malfunctions, move and keep one's eyes on the threat and threat area and work as a team etc. Whew! Yes, I know I just used too many conjunctions!

And when this particular organization suggests one ought to carry an IBD and/or tourniquet as part of their daily load-out people look at them like their from outer space - yet during the Boston bombing people were making improvised tourniquets/IBDs out of belts, jackets, and whatever they could find because for most it is not standard kit - yet ironically all of us bleed. Go figure. Hopefully this article is targeted to folks who might listen to this SEAL - God bless him!

+1 for that 'particular academy', good place, good people. I'm heading back there in March for DH2 :)

These tips all serve as a good reminder. Thinking ahead about potential attacks and planning for how you would respond may just help you survive.

+1 for that 'particular academy', good place, good people. I'm heading back there in March for DH2 :)

These tips all serve as a good reminder. Thinking ahead about potential attacks and planning for how you would respond may just help you survive.

Well then if you're coming back for DH2 you'll get to personally test drive several of these steps in a force-on-force simulation! :eek:

;););)

Haven't heard or seen anyone use the term "conjunction" since I was in the 5th grade! Well said.

, move and reload,

I have this conversation with other carriers and even my boys now and then. I carry 2 extra 10 round mags every day. Sure some extra weight, very concealable, but I have ever since I was in a situation where my training told me I was going to need a solid 5 rounds in the first volley, with 8 rounds to use. :(

Some contend you need to resolve the situation with what you have in the weapon. I disagree. You have to be prepared to fight a secondary engagement after the initial contact. 3 remaining rounds is not sufficient to prosecute that secondary contact if required.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top