JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Greetings shooters.
My name is Derek C. and I was born in Tillamook, OR but raised by divorced parents in both Tillamook and Tualatin. I joined the Navy in '04 and became a Corpsman (Navy medic) so now I live all over the place. Right now I'm stationed in Great Lakes, IL but I'll be headed back to Camp Pendleton , CA in 13 days to be stationed with the Marines again. I joined this community because I will remain an Oregon resident/voter and I do the majority of my shooting in the Vernonia and Tillamook areas when I'm home on leave.
I'll be home (my parents place in Vernonia) here in about 15 days and I'll be burning through as much ammo as I can get my hands on. Right now I shoot mostly 7.62x54R out my 1895 Finnish M39, .223 out of my Rock River LAR-15, and .45ACP out my 1945 Ithaca 1911A1. I haven't been home for a good shoot in quite some time so overly anxious to get out there. I have a Boyd's featherwight thumbhole stock to bed my Mosin in and 20 lbs of In The Red Expolding Target compound already waiting for me. I'm also going to pick up a 440 round can of 7.62x54R somewhere on my way through the country.

Welcome Doc and thanks for your service. I have top respect for Corpsmen, as my grandfather was one during WW2 and Korea and they took good care of me during my time in the Corps. Semper Fi.

Welcome, I just joined today and I have a 91/30 Mosin I will be shooting for the first time today. I'm a little worried about some marks/dents on the rims of the shells after cycling then through the rifle but it chambers and ejects, also the headspace is good so it should be ok.

Hey Doc I got this itch...
I'll get my gloves...

welcome from tillamook.
and more importantly ... thank you sir for your service

Tillamook, home of the trees, cheese, and cow sh*t breeze! Actually when I was with my dad on weekends we spent most of our time in Bay City about a stones throw from the smoker. God I miss that place, these midwesterners think they know how to make cheese and meats and its really quite sad.

To everyone else, thanks for the warm welcomes!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top